Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss 1 or 2 mill insurance? in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. cure1973

cure1973 Guest

Hi everyone
    Just wondered what cover you should have for a ltd company? Is 1 million enough cover?
    I will only be working in domestic situations...
    Thanks
    Dan

PS Hi I'm new here!

2. kris

kris Trusted Plumber GSR

Hi mate, depends on you, i used to have 1mill insurance but if your gonna be joining different bodies like im snipef which require you to have 2mill minimum , and the difference isnt much to purchase,

3. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Welcome along, wouldn`t go ltd straight away, check out recent thread on this topic.

4. IDCHAPPY

IDCHAPPY Trusted Plumber GSR

2 mill

5. Ch4 plumbing

Ch4 plumbing Plumber GSR

If your looking to buy try Intasure, I've just changed to them and found them very competitive.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PhoenixServices

PhoenixServices Plumber GSR

What size properties are you working in? If you start getting a few nice houses you want to make sure you have 5mill really.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lame plumber

lame plumber Guest

London or county council work, 10 -12 million at least, you burn down a terrace and you'll need to emigrate if your 1 million!

• Like Like x 1
  8. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

I went for 2, only becauee you cant get sfa for a million these days.:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ch4 plumbing

Ch4 plumbing Plumber GSR

I've had to upgrade to £10m, like lame says think about what type of work your doing. No point in having £1m if you need more.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cure1973

cure1973 Guest

Thanks for all the replies , I think I will be safe and go for 2 mill then! Got quoted 330 per year with tradesaver not sure if this is too high but I guess I am starting out again after 6 years in oz!
    As to ltd company can you show me the thread? I was ltd in my last business too and didn't ever seem a problem?!
    cheers

11. newcastle phill

newcastle phill Guest

When I lived in hull years ago a business i owned has to have 5 milion cover.

Can you believe that...5 million in hull.
    What were they expecting me to do...

...flatten and rebuild the entire city....TWICE :D

• Like Like x 7
  12. helpsy

helpsy Plumber

£5M cover for me.

13. Chris F

Chris F Plumber GSR

2 million here

14. gasmanrob

gasmanrob Plumber GSR

I had 5 mill as well but don't need any now. 2 mill used to cover me before insurance work said they wanted to see 5

15. Pipes Plumbing

Pipes Plumbing Guest

Minimum £2M... Hetas & Oftec both specify £2M as the minimum level of cover required under their terms. Also depends what sort of work you are doing as to whether you may want / need £5M.