Discuss Monoblock cross-threaded any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smudger

Still on same job, refitting taps on of the copper tails was damaged so replaced with flexible, only problem is after getting the old ones out one of the threads on the tap is craoss threaded and can't get new one in. Reluctant to force it in, in case I completely ruin it. (I'll be glad to see the back of this bathroom!!)

Don't think so, Mooney. Both new ones fit the hot inlet, but neither fit the cold. Looking at it the first thread looks damaged. Hoping you more skilled and experienced plumbers may have a tip - apart from skip it!! :)

Maybe a tap and die set!!!

You could be right, Helpsy. But I'm a tightwad and was hoping not to buy one!!:p

Sounds like a dodgy thread on the tap.
Take it back and get a new one.

You could use a thread file/triangle file the clean the treads or cut the damaged bit off

You could use a thread file/triangle file the clean the treads or cut the damaged bit off
I think he means the female thread in the tap is damaged.

higgie has the right isea, cut it off and file it down, wouldnt rethread old bras might find it'll snap, if threads then become to short double up washers on flexible, for the time this has taken you you where probly better saying f that new taps

In the past I have filed down the leading edge on a steel bolt and used that on brass. Probably get a cheap set of taps from local flea market if you have one. What ever you do advise the customer that the damage may be irreparable - just in case ;)

Yeah, I agree with that easyT. I've seen a couple of cheap ones online. I'll take it down the shed on Sunday, get it in the vice and make it an offer it can't refuse.. something will give on way or another!!! Cheers for all the advice everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Monoblock cross-threaded any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I thought I would try all you experienced plumbers as I am fairly new in the game and I would like some help for future reference I was...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, Thanks for the info I've had by lurking on these forums for a while, but now I have a problem I need to ask about. I'm fitting a 3 hole...
Replies
Views
baj25
B
J
I started working for myself few months ago and been getting in work although not to regular yet. Done a couple of full bathroom replacment...
Replies
Views
GRUNT16V
G
S
Hi everyone, New to this forum but really could do with some advice........ Just had new bathroom fitted. Bath has been moved lengthways so...
Replies
Views
Shibees
S
D
Hi Lads, Just been replumbing a house, they said they had a leak They had a new main put in by 3 Valleys, great, no problem (no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock