Discuss Your opinions please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil2010

Please view all of these photos, then tell me what you would do in my situation. Thanks! Bathroom

Last edited by a moderator:
looks shoddy, did he tile also or regrout and how much did you pay????

Looks dreadful, was the plumber recommended or random? What is the plumbers stance on the quality of work?

found the pics

where to start???

PTFE tap on the threads of joints! this shows he has no understanding of how a joint seals with the olive!!!

I wouldn't get him back to right his wrongs I'd get a prefessional in to put all the stuff right and charge him for it. He obviously hasn't got a clue

I`ve had him back once already, but he`s failed to rectify anything but the bath panel, which fell off the day he finished. It was siliconed to the walls with no other form of support. He had the nerve to charge £1060 for this work. I was at University so wasn`t there when he was paid. He would not have recieved a penny from me for such shoddy work. The bathroom is held together by silicon. No retaining bolts or screws in anything, as you can see. He siliconed screwcover caps onto the base of the toilet without any screws! I`ve got trading standards involved.

Sorry, you have to click on the dates on the rh side of the blog. Be sure to scroll to the end of the blog because there is a lot of pictures, some worse than others!

How can't you clean grout? And with an installation like that I hope he wasn't calling himself a plumber.

How to they get away with it when some people wouldn't charge that amount and produce a much better result?

I don't normally criticise other people's work but this one takes the biscuit. You can forgive a few bits and pieces but not this one!

I`m just hoping that I can recover my losses. I don`t believe in slander or such like, but this is clearly substandard work. I feel that it`s deceitful to not put any fixings in basin, pedestal or toilet base. Consumer direct are currently advising me, and say that this falls under the sale of goods and services act.

If you look on the right hand side of the page, there are some dates about half way down. Click on those, and when you`ve scrolled down, click on older posts. There`s approximately 30 pics in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Your opinions please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock