Search the forum,

Discuss 2 new toilets and both splashing water onto seats when flushed... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beck

please guys is there a fix for this? on this thread below someone mentions a restrictor but i dont understand what exactly it looks like, and is it available in shops? please help

thanks

we used to fit 'restrictors' in the pan/flush pipe connection. This was a 'Y' shaped piece of plastic/nylon similar to a polywasher.
Perhaps get a circular washer of the same size as flush pipe connection and wedge it in behind internal connector. it just restricts the initial volume enough to stop your problem. I'm sure i've seen the proper ones on sale somewhere! maybe 'dudleys' or similar.

Can you post a picture of you toilet? As the remedy will depend on the type.

Can you post a picture of you toilet? As the remedy will depend on the type.

Hi, sure

thumbnail_20160928_225736_resized.jpgthumbnail_20160928_225814_resized.jpgthumbnail_20160928_225913_resized.jpgthumbnail_20160928_225752_resized.jpg

How much water is splashing ?

a few drops, without closing the lid i felt a bit splash on me legs, neither of the old toilets had this problem.

You can unscrew the toilet pan from the floor and disconnect from the drain and flush pipe ( just pulls out) then looking at where the pipe from the cystern goes into the pan, make a plastic washer about 1mm thick to the same outer diameter of the hole in the toilet and start with a hole in the centre, about 25mm. This will cure the splashing. If your not happy with the flush, enlarge the hole a bit. Then re-fit the toilet.

You can unscrew the toilet pan from the floor and disconnect from the drain and flush pipe ( just pulls out) then looking at where the pipe from the cystern goes into the pan, make a plastic washer about 1mm thick to the same outer diameter of the hole in the toilet and start with a hole in the centre, about 25mm. This will cure the splashing. If your not happy with the flush, enlarge the hole a bit. Then re-fit the toilet.

Hi, would this item which snowhead kindly linked to do the trick?

and it goes into the side of the pipe closer to the pan rather then the cistern , is that correct?
many thanks

Hi, would this item which snowhead kindly linked to do the trick?

and it goes into the side of the pipe closer to the pan rather then the cistern , is that correct?
many thanks

It fits in to the pan first then the pipe from the cistern goes back as it is, it works by having a slighter small hole in the centre therefore causing a slight restriction on the whoosh of water entering the pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 new toilets and both splashing water onto seats when flushed... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good evening all, I bought a combo potty with basin from Bathroom republic via eBay and I'm about to set about fitting it. It was advertised as a 'Beth' toilet - I think it may be Chinese and there is no maker's name to work with (pls see pic). In the cistern is new fangled (to me)...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm new to the forum and looking for a bit of help with a new toilet I'm fitting, I'm quite a proficient DIYer but I could use some expert advice with this problem! I am replacing the toilet pan in my flat as when I had the bathroom done I had a wall mounted pan fitted but I was never...
Replies
Views
Back in the summer I fitted a another (not new) toilet that I had in storage. I put a new fluidmaster brass shank bottom entry fill valve. http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/fluidmaster-bottom-entry-brass-shank-fill-valve/47792 and new standard syphon. There is nothing wrong with the valve, it works...
Replies
Views
C
I had a new combi boiler fitted yesterday switching from conventional boiler. New pipes had to be laid under bedroom floorboards to connect boiler in kitchen up to pipe work in airing cupboard. now after I flush the toilet in the bathroom there is a noise for about 20 mins which I believe is...
Replies
Views
C
C
My upstairs toilet is a bit of a puzzler.... if it is not flushed for a while (more than 24hours), I find a dead bee in the water in the toilet pan. I came back from a night away yesterday and there were 2 in there. They look like honey bees to me but I'm no expert. The toilet lid is kept...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock