Search the forum,

Discuss 20mm MDPE to 22mm copper?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all. I need to a stop tap for 20mm MDPE to 22mm copper but it's doesn't look like a brass tap is available. What's my best option? Not that clued up with mdpe fittings to be honest.

I'd get a Plasson 20mm - 22mm coupling, short length of 22 copper and then a 22 stopcock.
Simples.

I'd get a Plasson 20mm - 22mm coupling, short length of 22 copper and then a 22 stopcock.
Simples.
I did think that but then I've got a fitting before the tap which could blow. Also I've never used Plasson fittings. Do Philmac do this size coupling?

Ok so get a 20mm plastic stopcock, then a short length of 20 mm mdpe, then the Plasson 20-22.
Job done. Nothing wrong with a Plasson fitting but I'm sure philmac will do one.

Ok so get a 20mm plastic stopcock, then a short length of 20 mm mdpe, then the Plasson 20-22.
Job done. Nothing wrong with a Plasson fitting but I'm sure philmac will do one.
Philmac don't actually do a 20-22mm coupler believe it or not. I've never used Plason before only ever philmac. I picked up a 25mm tap with the reducing sets but couldn't do the job as the floor layers were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 20mm MDPE to 22mm copper?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I wonder if I could have some advice please. I have a rental shepherds hut with an outdoor copper bath. I expect to close down for winter when the weather gets very cold. The majority of the piping is blue mdpe which is lagged. But where it joins the tap it's copper. I have lagged what...
Replies
Views
L
We're in the process of doing grounds work for a new garden office, and unfortunately my go-to plumber is away and uncontactable at present. We need to lay a MDPE pipe for a cold water (only) supply for a WC and basin, as well as a second pipe to bring a bore hole feed up to a higher level in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we're doing some renovation work to our property and we wanted to install a sauna house (includes shower) in the garden, irrigation system and outside tap. I've ran a 25mm MDPE from the inside utility room where the main stopcock comes into the house. I originally thought that it was a...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm copper pipe. But this thing is not budging at all its like its welded or super glued on, I am using some water pliers on both points here but its not...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper. Solder fittings just slip over it and are really loose so I gather this is old imperial pipe, so I shall use a 3/4 to 22mm coupler. However on the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock