Search the forum,

Discuss 3/4 bsp to 22mm fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just wondering how I can go from a 3/4 bsp ball valve female to a 22mm compression fitting male.

I’ll be visiting some plumbers merchant today would be handy to know what to look out for.

Thanks in advance.

With a 3/4" male iron to 22mm Compression fitting. You can get them straight or bent.

All they seem to have are couplers... maybe I’m not explaining myself well.

One sides a

3/4 bsp isolation 1/4 turn valve

the others a motorised valve with a 22mm compression fitting

3/4 male iron to 22mm and short bit of pipe and straight into your port valve

But you do need space to do that

I thought that but the space is a bit tight. I would need to remove the isolation valve to make that work, right now the isolation valve has no purpose as you still need to drain down the whole system down to change the motorised valves.

Or change the port valve for a female threaded one and use a nipple in between

I’d prefer to use Honeywell for reliability and the 22mm compression is the best they have that I can fit.

I actually found a 3/4 bsp port valve no brand on BES that’s half the price of one of the Honeywell’s but how long it’ll last I’ll never know.

Think I’ll just remove the isolation valve and go from there.

Thanks

Honeywell do some female threaded ones also

If you can point me in the right direction I’ll pick one up.

That would save so much hassle. Couldn’t find it for looking.

Thanks but that’s 1” bsp and 22mm, I’ve managed to find the correct part number for the 3/4” threaded female Honeywell V4043H 1007, just need to find one with quick turn around for delivery or local supplier.

Much appreciated for steering me this way. Less fiddling around and should be more straight forward swap.

Sorry was looking at a few

Good luck with the Honeywell valves!
Sorry to say, unless they have recently been dramatically redesigned inside, their actuators are rubbish nowadays.

I currently have caleffi valves that have been nothing but poor.

Which brand are bets now are all much the same. I was going to go with danfoss but was warned away also.

I currently have caleffi valves that have been nothing but poor.

Which brand are bets now are all much the same. I was going to go with danfoss but was warned away also.

Danfoss valves are definitely poor. I got fed up replacing the heads on the 2 ports valves after they failed with micro switches keeping power to boiler.
I haven't tried many motorised valves, but Myson seem as good now as any and not expensive.

It seems like all companies are much the same these days, cheap parts prob manufactured in the Far East then built/assembled in Europe.

Danfoss refrigeration parts used to be second to none and pretty much standard in many installs. Older parts would last many years now you replace them every other month.

Companies need to get back to manufacturing good parts that last and they can’t expect their name of yester years to keep them going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3/4 bsp to 22mm fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock