Search the forum,

Discuss 3 port actuator replaced in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I've just replaced my 3 port actuator. It was pretty straight forward. After I turned the power back on, it blew the 3amp fuse in the circuit board.

What have I done wrong?

Get yourself a gas safe registered engineer. He/She should be able to fix it for you.

I need this working tonight.
I just changed the fuse and double checked the wiring, which all good, but it has blown my last fuse.

Could it be a faulty actuator, even though its brand new.

You don't need a gas safe engineer to replace/repair your fault. Can you post a picture of the connections in the wiring centre?

Hopefully the upload worked.
It's a Honeywell circuit board and the Nest 3rd gen thermostat.

Attachments

• IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    600.7 KB · Views: 37
I need this working tonight.
I just changed the fuse and double checked the wiring, which all good, but it has blown my last fuse.

Could it be a faulty actuator, even though its brand new.

What was the reason for changing the actuator?

Was it blowing the fuse before changing.

When either the central heating or hot water was calling for heat, the boiler would come on, but the pump wasn't, so the boiler just boiled up like a kettle.
I changed the motor in the actuator, but it made no difference, so I bought a new head, but after wiring it in, it keeps blowing the fuse as shown in the picture.

When either the central heating or hot water was calling for heat, the boiler would come on, but the pump wasn't, so the boiler just boiled up like a kettle.
I changed the motor in the actuator, but it made no difference, so I bought a new head, but after wiring it in, it keeps blowing the fuse as shown in the picture.
The problem wasn't with the actuator if your pump isn't running. A few minutes with a multi meter will find the problem.

You may had different colours and connected it wrong ? And I agree with leesparky,

If pump doesn't come on it's an issue with the pump

You don't need a gas safe engineer to replace/repair your fault. Can you post a picture of the connections in the wiring centre?
Technically you are correct. A sparky could also. My point was to get somebody that would deal with that sort of thing on a Daily basis as it may be a completely different issue.

Technically you are correct. A sparky could also. My point was to get somebody that would deal with that sort of thing on a Daily basis as it may be a completely different issue.
The op has wired the green and yellow in to the terminal marked grey and grey in to the terminal marked green an yellow..This is why it keeps blowing fuses. But as for the OP changing the actuator.....I bet it still doesn't solve the issue of the pump not running.

The op has wired the green and yellow in to the terminal marked grey and grey in to the terminal marked green an yellow..This is why it keeps blowing fuses. But as for the OP changing the actuator...I bet it still doesn't solve the issue of the pump not running.

You are correct on both points.
My problem was not the actuator

Already done that. And to rule everything else out, I wired the pump direct to a mains socket.
It is definitely the pump.

So now I need a plumber and a new pump.
At least you now know what it is and what you need to do to resolve it :) and also you've stopped the blowing fuse issue.

See lees saved you hundreds from a sparky call out lol, good spot lee, great advice

You did well to wire it up incorrectly with a Honeywell pcb like that!

We normally have a real rats nest of wires to fathom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 port actuator replaced in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock