Search the forum,

Discuss 3 port valve override floppy - possible wiring problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, Im hoping one of you experts could shed some light on a potential issue.. but first a little background.

In November 2016 I spent considerable money on a new boiler. The job involved:

1) removing old conventional boiler (in kitchen). Remove F&E tank from attic.
2) Install Valiant system boiler in attic.
3) Install larger HW cylinder, grunfos pump, 3 port valve and Honeywell programmer in airing cupboard.
4) install room stat in downstairs hallway.

Everything seems to be working as it should however when I set the HW and CH to the "off" setting on the programmer, should the lever on the 3 port valve remain floppy? (Note room stat turned down also).

When there's only HW demand, i hear the motor in the valve operate and the lever has resistance.

If i turn the power off to the boiler/programmer. I hear the 3P valve return to its starting position and the lever has resistance. When i turn the boiler back on the lever has resistance until there's CH demand and then it remains floppy.

Im no expert by any stretch of the imagination but this doesn't sound right to me. I understand that this boiler pumps water around the rads for a few minutes after turning off to cool the heat exchanger. The pump turns off after a few minutes. Could it be the 3 port valve isn't receiving the signal to turn off also?

With no call for HW or CH valve remains in previous position. if CH on to CH off is last call, lever floppy. HW on to HW off last call, lever will show resistance. All power off valve closes.

Last edited:
did you go for an unvented cylinder (mains pressure hot water)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 port valve override floppy - possible wiring problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock