Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss 38mm antislip ring pvc compression fittings in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. RevinKevin

RevinKevin New Member

I am replacing the seals on washers on my sink waste trap. Can the 38mm anti slip ring/washer be bought alone as there is nothing wrong with the actual fittings. I can find the rubber seals and I can see 38mm trap washers at Toolstation. Are these right or can red/blue ones be bought?

And why are they red/blue? Do you get hot/cold wastes?

Thanks

2. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Most traps can have the seals replaced plumbing and heating merchants stock replacements the colour of the plastic type ring is not relative different manufacturers use a mix of materials , cheers kop

3. RevinKevin

RevinKevin New Member

Thank you for your reply. I figured to colour was unimportant, just thought as they are supplied coloured that coloured replacements would be easy to find. It seems not. As a DIYer I stick to ScrewFix and ToolStation.

4. turnpin

turnpin Trusted Plumber

Blue for 1 1/4 Red for 1 1/2 applies to MacAlpine fittings ...regards Turnpin:)