Search the forum,

Discuss 40mm to 22mm-pump to 40mm pipe - central heating only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

From the title and those who know , they probably already know what i have to ask....

I have 40mm central heating pipe from the lowlossheader feeding the house and it takes a long time for the radiators to heat up with radiators upstairs heating but downstairs not. so we want to increase pressure. we have a spare 22mm pump and would it be ok to connect it into a 40mm pipe for central heating purposes (not hot water). If i should be getting a better pump what can someone suggest.

Michael.

No

Depending on how it's piped from the low loss header should have a pump on each t off the llh

It needs sizing correctly.

You cannot '.guess ' !

Get a heating engineer to advise you ( if you plan on letting him/her supply and install it )

It needs sizing correctly.

You cannot '.guess ' !

Get a heating engineer to advise you ( if you plan on letting him/her supply and install it )

yes it would work better not something you can guess so get a heating engineer in bud.

yes it would work better not something you can guess so get a heating engineer in bud.

Hmm do you know how close you are - i'm in Leiston. ok. i'm doing this on a shoe string. because the house was vandalised 2 years ago. so everything i've done is with my friends help. neither of us are perfect, but we got brains. (well I got brains he's got braun).

so i have to make this calculation myself. i dont feel good about asking people to come in knowing i'm not going to be paying them as my friend will put in what i ask (I am not well, so i cannot physically work :( )

so here's the issue, i'm looking for a pump, so now i want a pump to come off the low loss header that goes onto a 40mm pipe unions. so i'm looking for a choice of pumps... i have about 32 radiators (17 up, and 12 down) , and cascading pipework, starting from the 40mm which then splits into 28mm (these run upstairs) and downstairs, and then 22 mm and off down the hallways to 15mm to the end points and then return.

I understand that i need to test the return temperature and provide a good flow. so i'm looking at a magna180-80 as the house has a head height of 8metres (2nd floor), it is about 500sqm in size with pipework running down both hallways and splitting off to the radiators and returning.. so i'm looking for a 3bar pressure pump that will cope with say 4-5 settings. for pressure. finger in air, i'm looking at the 'technical issues' so anything about 8l/s is too much, but 3-4 probably is low, and according to height, i am looking about between 6-8 metre. The boilers are going to a low loss header and its 40mm off the header. the boiler system and 0mm pipes are in an external building directly adjoining the house.

So i'm looking at a grundfos UPE 32-120, dab evolpus 40/180M, . Can anyone please advise me further ?

Grundfos 32-120, or a Wilo 32-10.

I would personally go for the Wilo 32-10.

You have a lot of radiators, but I think that should cover the worst case scenario.
Plus it's 3 speed, you may find you only need speed 1 or 2

You have a lot of radiators, but I think that should cover the worst case scenario.

so i'm looking for a 3bar pressure pump that will cope with say 4-5 settings. for pressure. finger in air, i'm looking at the 'technical issues' so anything about 8l/s is too much, but 3-4 probably is low, and according to height, i am looking about between 6-8 metre. The boilers are going to a low loss header and its 40mm off the header. the boiler system and 0mm pipes are in an external building directly adjoining the house.

I am sorry but you don't seem to have a clue & if you start putting fingers in air it will end in expensive tears.

For a start is this pump on the pipework to the header or from the header?

Save up for a pro

I agree with Chris!

It would possibly work out cheaper to ask a heating engineer to size it for you and pay him to do just that.

It could save a lot of unnecessary expense and problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 40mm to 22mm-pump to 40mm pipe - central heating only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock