Search the forum,

Discuss £500 worth of free power tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about aylesbury?
town population 56,000
urban population of 140,000
Man I have in mind is screwfix supervisor, but for £500 free tools, I can find someone!!

Aylesbury might be possible. The immediate population is at the low end, but the vale of Aylesbury is well over the 100k mark.

Nothing wrong with being a screwfix supervisor - one of our highest performing branch managers worked at Screwfix before coming to us. The only thing I would say is that if they aren't dedicated to customer service, then don't bother. Its the only thing that we can't either teach, or provide centrally.

So find me someone Jase, and we will be there by Easter 2015...

£500 retail or wholesale? either way it sounds a lot less than a recruitment agency would charge you ray

Actual sharp end price - you find a tool that you can buy for £500 and I'll foot the bill. And of course its less than a recruitment agency would charge - they typically charge 15% of annual salary. But a) they have overheads that you don't and b) I dont use them anyway!

I could get you someone in Plymouth tomorrow.

Fairly central to the whole of the South west. You could have a micro site to start and a distribution hub to feed all of the webbed feet crowd?

But im guessing you've done your homework on delivery data from the Internet site and your key areas of business are more North than west?

I could get you someone in Plymouth tomorrow.

your key areas of business are more North than west?

Its just operationally easier to keep the branches relatively close together - they can give mutual support when staff are sick or on holiday, swap stock around, cover deliveries etc. Internal support staff (like HR, IT, Marketing) etc can get to any branch quickly, and on routine matters can cover 6 to 8 branches per day. If we spread them apart we lose those synergies and increase costs with no advantage.

Why don't you come to Ripon , north yorks.

it has 16,000 population and I think it's short on suppliers
wolseley (plumb Center )head office.
plumb Center branch
large jewsons
large MKM.
large travis Perkins .
screwfix
ripon builders supplies
north yorkshire timber
ripon timber supplies
PTS

and a partridge in a pear tree. Set up there Ray, you could dilute the market even more.

Ray I'm telling ya mate St Albans is the place for you, I know of only 1 independent there and it's pony

Ray I'm telling ya mate St Albans is the place for you, I know of only 1 independent there and it's pony

Yep, St Albans would fit the profile perfectly. So if you can introduce me to a potential branch manager, £500 worth will be yours...

Ray come to Canterbury! Crying out for a decent supplier and I know some one who would be ideal to run it and could bring a lot of business with him.

population 150,000 according to Wiki

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray come to Canterbury! Crying out for a decent supplier and I know some one who would be ideal to run it and could bring a lot of business with him.

population 150,000 according to Wiki

Hi Iain.

Canterbury would be of interest to us. Talk to your contact...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £500 worth of free power tools in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock