Discuss Buffer Tanks - 2 or 4 port connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original tender design was done by consultants in London and a spec produced for pricing. Wilmot Dixon won the contract on that spec. When the contract was signed, the consultants pulled the design and said WD had to use their own design to which they just rebadged the original with out checking to see if it will do the job, so the responsibility lies with them. Hence the QS sat with his head in his hands when we said it won't work. No one had told him why, the just refused to price the job.

So, if the job was tendered on a design, the design was pulled and they had to do it themselves (which presumably wasn't included in the original spec)..... let's see, redesign from the original, V.Os/AIs, I'm sure somebody looking at it on the contractual side could make a very good case for ££££££ of extras! :grin:

Possibly, but I think now the system has been commissioned, the council will not accept any AI's or variation orders for major system and plant alterations. WD will lose out big time.

had an email today from Wilmot Dixons QS basically saying to give them a list of what our demands are to take the installation on and give them a price for it. They are getting desperate as the council want to take ownership of the system to claim RHI but WD cant fulfil their contract without having an O&M agreement in place. could be ££££££'s for us and a good 1st step for our new business venture.

Basically, a complete redesign incorporating the existing plant plus whatever extra is needed to get it working correctly. At least an additional boiler, pump sizes?, incoming gas large enough? etc. etc.
Merry Xmas!! :clap:

exactly, we need to redo all the calculations to check everything will work, the hydraulics are ok. dont think we'll put another boiler in but will get the council to accept that a 200kw boiler is not gonna cover 70% of a 1.4mw of peak demand. although the biomass will be running flat out and they will get the full rhi, they have to realise its a token boiler and a tick in the renewables box but thats about it and the gas boilers will be doing most of the work.

How and when are the gas boilers controlled to kick in? Is it through the buffer temperatures?

the gas boilers will kick in either if the biomass goes into fault or when the biomass is running at full power and the return temperature drops below 65 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Buffer Tanks - 2 or 4 port connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello want to know on how do you calculate size of expansion tank for closed heating systems . for example 500 meters of 16mm underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Back