Search the forum,

Discuss A Fluidmaster fill valve works well on gravity fed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
The standard ones bundled in a pack with the flush valve from the sheds/screwstation/toolfix don't perform well on gravity fed in my experience.

I've heard one of the 'pro' version has a restrictor you can remove to make it work better?

If so :-

1) Which valve is this?
2) Does it perform well or just a bit of an improvement?

I find these https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/thomas-dudley-ltd-bottom-entry-fill-valve/7356f
work incredibly well on gravity with their restrictor removed but always good to have a second or third option for when stuff won't fit propers

Thanks

The red top ones I find ok on gravity

I see. And it's better on gravity than the standard one though? I find those too slow.

The Wirquin fill valve (brass tail version) is very good on gravity or mains pressure. Advantage is the float is encapsulated in an outer case, so won’t be affected by touching side of cistern. It comes with a one piece plastic combined filter and restrictor, which the instructions show to cut the restrictor off for gravity pressure or leave as is and push fully into tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A Fluidmaster fill valve works well on gravity fed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock