Search the forum,

Discuss A quick hello and an update in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys

Been a while since i posted, have popped in once or twice to have a little nose around but not really had time to contribute.

Been busy with work, doing a lot of late nights and doing call outs. Moved house just before christmas and barely feel as though we have scratched the surface with sorting things out.

Hope business is good for everyone, I seem to be doing ok in work - well i'm still here 6 months later, passed my probation period last week. Putting me through my ACS reassessment next week too so I must be doing something right.

No job is perfect but i'm enjoying myself and think i'm working hard. As always there are good days and bad days. It's taken a while to get used to doing things the way a big company want them done but I have learnt a lot since being here. Well not learnt much new but gained a lot of confidence in myself.

When i think back to where i was 9-12 months ago i can safely say it was the right decision.

if your happy, you'll live longer.

Not only is this true, gerontologists have done studies which indicate the biggest factor is being happy in your work. It makes a fair bit of sense, it's where you spend a lot if not most of your life. Turns out work that has a service aspect has among the happiest workers. More likely to have a sense of meaning, I suppose.

At least you feel you made the right decision for the future that's the main thing

There's still time for a career change to a proper job mate.

Thanks for the update Ash glad things are working out for you.....think they must be paying you too much new house and all....lol best of luck mate...regards Turnpin:clap:

Not only is this true, gerontologists have done studies which indicate the biggest factor is being happy in your work. It makes a fair bit of sense, it's where you spend a lot if not most of your life. Turns out work that has a service aspect has among the happiest workers. More likely to have a sense of meaning, I suppose.

Thought that said gynaecologist then. I always thought that a career I should've had.

I like jobs you can get your hand into.........

Oh, and Ash. Made up for you, mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Ash,

There's nothing like gaining confidence in yourself in this game.
Confidence comes from trusting yourself and your judgements.
So as long as you have the desire to learn, your abilities and confidence will increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A quick hello and an update in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock