Search the forum,

Discuss Acs practical examination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanttolearn

Gas Engineer
Hi guys I got my exam coming up shortly bit I feel I am now where ready to take it only thing is I've already paid In full.
I would of been ready but my colleague I work with has been taken ill for the last 3 months so haven't done any gas work in that time

Could anyone give me any tips on the practical exam as I'm feeling so nervous

Get you head down, keep calm, revise and get yourself something like the VIPER book.

Good luck

Thanks for that I've had my head in the book for the last week.
Because I haven't done much gas work of late I'm worried that I will forget to do the right things

Will they not let you reschedule. The tests of you explain the situation.

What book is it youve been studying ? the thing is alot of its open book so you have the answers next to you , its just a case of finding the right page (in the right standard) , ive just redone my 5 yearly and you always **** yourself before hand , but once in the cubicle away u go, depending on how your accessor is with you plays a huge part also, most make u feel at ease , im sure youl be fine ,

This is the book i use ( also was there at the exams for reference) and most of answers are within, but different british standards are also there aswell as tb001 unsafe situations ,,,,

$_86.JPG

Just stay as relaxed as possible. If you're at the stage where you are ready to taake ACS you will be ready if you know what I mean!

Take your time, Common sense counts for a lot on that.
What are you doing ?
Which appliances ?

How much experience have you had at work with Water Boilers/ Heaters, Cookers, Central heating Boilers and Fires etc?
Have you had some experience or are you just worried because it's not been recent?

Yes I feel fine with central heating boilers had some experience with fires but not had much to do with water heaters and cookers.

Water heaters are normally a more simple version of a Boiler but testing is very similar and cookers are normally basic knowledge stuff that you'll be able to revise from the books you have.

Don't worry about it, my advice is to go and take your time, think through it before you answer and use common sense.
I don't think you'll find it as difficult as you're thinking !
Even in the practical, most of your answers are written in my experience so it's not like an oral exam.

Like i said earlier , for the theory part of it you have all the answers in the books beside you , its the practical part thats slightly more tricky but your assessor will keep you right, let him know your situation on arrival and he may be lenient / more helpfull,
Try not let it bother you but if it makes u feel better we all get the same nervousness going into these things,,,

The one I got is the NICEIC books there seems to be a lot of good info in there

Theyre brilliant and if u study them all the relevent stuff is in there also,,,,, i have them and i took them with me ,, there is 2 books part 1 and part 2 ,,, i fount the NICEIC ones better to use actually , so good for you for having them,

What book is it youve been studying ? the thing is alot of its open book so you have the answers next to you , its just a case of finding the right page (in the right standard) , ive just redone my 5 yearly and you always **** yourself before hand , but once in the cubicle away u go, depending on how your accessor is with you plays a huge part also, most make u feel at ease , im sure youl be fine ,

This is the book i use ( also was there at the exams for reference) and most of answers are within, but different british standards are also there aswell as tb001 unsafe situations ,,,,

$_86.JPG
I just received the same book for my course which I'll start on the 5th of March. I am hoping to understand all via reading as I am actually a person who learns much better while doing things.

I just received the same book for my course which I'll start on the 5th of March. I am hoping to understand all via reading as I am actually a person who learns much better while doing things.
Same here mate I'm terrible at reading but at the college they will put you to ease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Acs practical examination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock