Search the forum,

Discuss Adult apprenticeships in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys,

Thinking of a career change (my job at the moment sucks) I want to go into the construction industry plumbing to start with and then down the line gas safe.

What's the best method to get into the industry? I'm 26 at the moment looking to do a intense plumbing course to get the basics and gain more experience

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

How much do you need to earn each month to keep paying your bills??

It will probably help decide which route you go down that's all :)

With that in mind you should be able to undergo a proper apprenticeship with an employer, assuming you can find one!

If that's all you need to earn I'd approach your local college and employers with a view to finding a normal apprenticeship. It's still the best way to learn your trade. I'd only suggest the other routes if you need more money than you do in your first year tbh.

We've had people here wanting an apprenticeship and need/want to earn £400 per week so with your earning requirements you are actually in with a chance of getting an apprenticeship at that level. There is no better way to learn the trade as cr0ft says.

There are not many people recommending fast track courses other than the fast track sellers themselves.

cr0ft has it right. Go to your local college and ask some questions there. Any other things you need to know you can obviously ask here too.

hey guys,

Thinking of a career change (my job at the moment sucks) I want to go into the construction industry plumbing to start with and then down the line gas safe.

What's the best method to get into the industry? I'm 26 at the moment looking to do a intense plumbing course to get the basics and gain more experience

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.
I changed career at 56. Managed to get a proper apprenticeship, just passing the C&G course at a private provider will teach you very little. The things I have learnt on-site have been the real learning backed up by the theory around the regs from the college it dovetails together. You will not be a plumber in 12 weeks. You will have to contribute £700 post age 24 for your 2 year level c&g NVQ 2, which is pretty cheap.

Cheers guys i think my plan is too do a 5 day short course in which they teach you the basics pipework first and second fix and a little about regulations and look for an apprenticeship simply doing the course as a helping factor so I'm not gonna be starting up not having a clue what's the best way in going about securing an apprenticeship I know emailing and calling but any hints and tips would be great like should I go for big companies or look for small to medium sized companies...

Finchy I'm based in the West Midlands mate I see your surrey was thinking I had an in there ;) haha don't know anyone this side of the country do you?

Lads your help is amazing in helping me decide by the way cheers.

I did an 8 week intensive level 2 c&g and to be fair it was useful but only just. I would look at British gas to start. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adult apprenticeships in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock