Search the forum,

Discuss Advice for re-routing radiator pipes please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am making our bathroom larger which has resulted in a radiator in the middle of the room which I need to move. I recently buried pipes into my parents concrete floor but at my house the floor is somewhat different. There is a cavity under the concrete which then has polystyrene insulation (how you get a cavity under a concrete floor is puzzling me) I can dig up the old pipes to re-route them but am looking for advice in repairing the floor? can I just fill with screed or do I need to repair the insulation? Hopefully the picture will help! Many Thanks :)

2018-01-06 11.29.08.jpg
s!AjnJhtmhYMJlhpY7V1IIq51boxdSiA

s!AjnJhtmhYMJlhpY7V1IIq51boxdSiA

There's an air gap between the concrete and Insulation??

If so, the subsoil has settled,, probably not compacted when levelled.
The concrete floor hasn't settled.
The floor needs ripping up and relaying.

Many Thanks, I appreciate the advice, I will get a builder round to take a look but think you are right!

You will need to take up a section of the flooring bare copper pipework will be affected by being in contact with concrete, why heat the area under your floor poor install i am afraid pipework should be fully insulated under floors and in voids . cheers kop

Am assuming it is a solid screed floor and not a block and beam one, as with the latter an airspace is the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice for re-routing radiator pipes please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. The current towel rail is 1000mm x 600mm and ideally I'd like the pipes coming straight from the ground into the rail. The distance between pipe centres is 695mm. I can get a 750mm wide rail but the centres with that are 705mm and that additional 10mm could cause too much strain on...
Replies
Views
T
I have some internal water pipes (some plastic, some copper) that have to go under the kitchen floor. There is no way around having to do this. Rest of floor is concrete and pipes are currently in a trench (approx 5-6 cms deep, 4-5 cms wide). The trench will need to be concreted over before...
Replies
Views
TAGolko
T
Hi All, I'd like to install new radiators in my home which are currently fed by copper pipe via the floor boards. I live in a bungalow and access beneath floorboards is quite good access. I'd like to change the piping to come out the walls instead and therefore looking to use speedfit products...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope someone can help me. I'm in England. I would like to know if it's okay to bury copper water pipes under a concrete floor. I've tried to look up the regs but's it's like double dutch to me. The pipes will be wrapped in hessian, overlaid with PIR insulation and then screed. I don't...
Replies
Views
Hi Some people (not plumbers) have advised me that it's not such a good idea to a) Have 4 x 90deg bends in a sewer pipe and b) Encase these pipes in the concrete walls of the new pool. You can see the problem in this video: and the re-routed pipes here that will be encased in the concrete...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock