Search the forum,

Discuss advice needed on draining/ filling a system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone, im a diyer in need of some advice. the job i need doing is to fit a new basin and bath. the system i think is a vented one where i have a header tank and a storage tank with immersion.
on the sysyem i have a rayburn with a drain on it. my question is can i turn rayburn off run the hot water until cold, isolate header tank feed and drain at the lowest point which is on rayburn?

have i got this right or totally wrong end of the stick?

also advice on filling the system please!

Draining from rayburn will only drain small expansion tank, Have a look in your cylinder cupboard, should find a gate valve (Red round handle) that turns off water supply from header tank its also possible that you have another one that turns off cold water to bath room unless cold taps are mains fed, But be carful with old gate valves they can jam shut, if they look old just turn off cold water main and run bath taps until water stops (Storage tank empty) good idea then to replace old gate valves with new full bore leaver valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice needed on draining/ filling a system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All...thx for the help in advance. I have recently installed a wood burner with back boiler heating system. Set up with gravity rad and header tank in loft. I have a recirculation pump installed that I have connected to the rad system that I turn on and off manually. I wanted to know how...
Replies
Views
Hi so I changed a towel radiator in bathroom from a normal radiator. I bunged the f&e tank and vent pipe , drained about a pint of water out the pipes. Altered the pipes to the new rad. Then removed the bungs. Gone to bleed the radiator it filled slightly now no air is coming out. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked overflow/expansion pipe. Hence the header tank then reaches the overflow level and the overflow trickles out. I have changed the ball valve washers thinking it was...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a bath tub in my apartment that is draining very slowly. It does finally drain but only after about 12-15+ minutes. After trying all the old remedies (fluids, powders, zip-it) I am now thinking about manually snaking the drain pipe.... But a Handyman guy who lives at my apartment...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock