Search the forum,

Discuss Advice Needed on New Boiler Quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I've received a quote for 3 different boilers and would like some advice on which one I should go for please. The current boiler is in an upstairs bedroom and the flu vents through the roof via the loft space.

1, Baxi Duo-tec 28kw combi £2145 (fully installed)
2, Ideal Logic + 30kw combi £2195 (fully installed)
3, Worcester Greenstar 29CDi classic gas combi £2645 (fully installed)

All above quotes include flu pack, magnetic filter and internet controllable thermostat (all with 7yr warranty). Grateful for any advice as I want to know if the Worcester is worth the extra.
Thanks Mark

Me personally I would bin the ideal had a few things wrong with them

Me personally I would go with the 29 classic

Does the price include a system clean / flush ?

For me Worcester even though the after care is bad IMO. But wouldn’t go without weather compensation control to be honest. I’d also would consider upgrading to thermostatic radiator valves if you haven’t done yet.

If your on a budget my choice would be the Baxi duo tec and fit the 33kw over the 28kw it gives a extra litre a minute on hotwater delivery 13.8 litres a minute and 28kw on the heating load more than enough to run a 8 - 10 rad system , i have fitted all the boilers above and out of all of them its baxi thats my choice .cheers kop

Last edited:
Duo tec for me, good workhorse. Like the Ideal but one or two issues which would make me avoid. Worcester ok but for me overpriced mediocrity.
If your on a budget my choice would be the Baxi duo tec and fit the 33kw over the 28kw it gives a extra litre a minute on hotwater delivery 13.8 litres a minute and 28kw on the heating load more than enough to run a 8 - 10 rad system , i have fitted all the boilers above and out of all of them its baxi thats my choice .cheers kop
Thanks for the advice. It's an old house and the 1st quoter said my gas pipes might not be able to support a boiler over 29kw without upgrading them. Is that something I need to consider?

For me Worcester even though the after care is bad IMO. But wouldn’t go without weather compensation control to be honest. I’d also would consider upgrading to thermostatic radiator valves if you haven’t done yet.
Thought you had to fit TRV's to meet current regs and after April even more, o/s temp comp or a flue gas heat recovery or a load compensator which I think is a SMART control eg Hive, Nest etc

Thought you had to fit TRV's to meet current regs and after April even more, o/s temp comp or a flue gas heat recovery or a load compensator which I think is a SMART control eg Hive, Nest etc

Nope still not mandatory

I just googled it and the government removed the requirement to fit TRV's when a boiler is replaced from part L of the building regs in 2006, big mistake IMO.

Yep muppets

https://www.imi-hydronic.com/sites/...ts/new-products/eclipse-trv/Pages/Videos.aspx
Is this proven ??
Everything you hear new eco pump save 5 % Eco rads save money blah blah blah .

Wit all this so called saving why am I paying anything at all ??
To be honest with you, there are few factors to consider. They always tell you things in the ideal world. You require pipe insulation throughout, insulate the floor, insulate the out or inside walls etc. I would not install a new system without having trvs. Especially not without those eclipse trvs these are top quality

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the advice, this has really helped me in an area I know nothing about, so very appreciated. My plumber has said the 33Kw Baxi benefits would depend on an excellent water pressure but will fit (I have no idea how good our pressure is). It's only £125 more then the 28Kw, so worth a try. Thanks again!

I had a baxi (the start up noises were unreal) changed to WB - loud, noises, plastic makes a lot of noise. Mum has an ideal for a smaller house and she likes the simplicity of it.

If I had my time again. I'd go hard, heavy and something with a load of metal!

I had a baxi (the start up noises were unreal) changed to WB - loud, noises, plastic makes a lot of noise. Mum has an ideal for a smaller house and she likes the simplicity of it.

If I had my time again. I'd go hard, heavy and something with a load of metal!
Guns ‘n’ Roses or old school METALICA?

Fitted loads of the Baxi duo tecs with only a handful any failures back up is good and although slightly old technology its proven and reliable no noiser than any other boiler , i had one in my own home for 12 years . cheers kop

The Baxi has been in for a while now and I'm very happy with it. Yes it's a bit noisy but nothing too bad. Very efficient and takes cold rads to piping hot in about 5 mins. Thanks again for all the advice Great site.
Glad your happy bud did you go for the 33kw ?
Yes I did. No doubt overkill for our house but the water from the taps and shower remain very hot even with a high flow rate (much better than the old boiler).

Reply to Advice Needed on New Boiler Quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all. I recently upgraded our CH system, but rather than the expected drop in gas consumption, Octopus is saying we're using roughly 30% more! The installer has said they can downrate the boiler, but to my mind that addresses maximum consumption, not any inefficiencies there may be relating...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was done on my rental flat (1st floor) which has a 10 year old Aviston E-combi EVO boiler. It failed based on rusting external flu components, which has...
Replies
Views
Grateful for any advice regarding this problem. Flat about to be let and main heat exchanger in Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i Junior has failed! I can replace with identical model (I think!) but would prefer to use GC2000iW C if possible. Question is, can the 2000 fit directly onto the 24i...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler up until now with regular servicing. When the heating is turned on the boiler ignites and looks to start up but then a few seconds in, knocking sounds...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock