Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on cold water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, i'm looking for some advice on whether we could remove a cold water tank from our roof space. Boiler is a sealed combi.

The tank supplies cold tap on bathroom sink and bath and also refills toilet cistern. It sits in a roof space above the bathroom but the roof space is 1m tall max so would be awkward for someone to get in. Up there is a single mains supply I think which provides water to the electric shower and also refills the storage tank. How big a job is it to plumb the bathroom so it's all coming off mains supply? And pull out storage tank? Is one mains feed into bathroom roofspace sufficient and then branch off that? I'm guessing we'd have issues with flow rate if running multiple taps of toilet refilling at same time?

Guess it would be easier to do this if we decided to replace bathroom. Presumably removal of tank and mains hook up instead would be quite costly?

Thanks for the advice.

Going off what you said I would think it ok to connect the mains cold to the pipes that now exit the base of the tank and supply the two taps. Then you can lose the tank.
If you have a Combi, I presume you have a fairly decent water mains pressure and flow.

I would advise you to get a Plumber to look it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on cold water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header tank? ie to place some sort of control elsewhere in the feed pipe before the water gets to the header tank - turning off the mains water supply would...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to my toilet off is that a correct set up? Because it didn't used to before the stop valve in airing cupboard only turned off the cold water supply to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock