Discuss Advice on cold water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, i'm looking for some advice on whether we could remove a cold water tank from our roof space. Boiler is a sealed combi.

The tank supplies cold tap on bathroom sink and bath and also refills toilet cistern. It sits in a roof space above the bathroom but the roof space is 1m tall max so would be awkward for someone to get in. Up there is a single mains supply I think which provides water to the electric shower and also refills the storage tank. How big a job is it to plumb the bathroom so it's all coming off mains supply? And pull out storage tank? Is one mains feed into bathroom roofspace sufficient and then branch off that? I'm guessing we'd have issues with flow rate if running multiple taps of toilet refilling at same time?

Guess it would be easier to do this if we decided to replace bathroom. Presumably removal of tank and mains hook up instead would be quite costly?

Thanks for the advice.

Going off what you said I would think it ok to connect the mains cold to the pipes that now exit the base of the tank and supply the two taps. Then you can lose the tank.
If you have a Combi, I presume you have a fairly decent water mains pressure and flow.

I would advise you to get a Plumber to look it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on cold water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back