Search the forum,

Discuss Air Admittance Valve Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R.Oak

Hi guys, first of all please excuse my crude attempt at a drawing. The camera on my phone has broken so I have had to draw a picture to show what I am talking about.

I have a question regarding Air Admittance Valves. Currently the soil stack from the first floor WC drops to ground floor, enters the conservatory and goes to drain with a sub stack about 900mm about the swept T piece.

My customer would like the sub stack above the swept T taken out, with the AAV dropped down the the T so that he can box the the whole lot in and build a little bench over it all.

Im wondering if this will any impact on the running of the soil stack. The ideal situation would be to extend the primary stack up to roof height and have it vent to atmosphere. There is a slight access issue with doing this and the customer would rather reduce the unsightly sub stack in his conservatory.

I am not the most up to date person on soil stack regs, and im not too sure about this if im honest. Im wondering if anyone offer some advice on the issue please? Thanks guys.

Don't put in AAV out in an access plug. Access plug for ridding out blockages. U can reduce primary stack to 75mm to get through roof.

Don't put in AAV out in an access plug. Access plug for ridding out blockages. U can reduce primary stack to 75mm to get through roof.

Thanks for the comment. The access issue for extending the primary stack is down to not physically being able to get up there. The only route would be between the two windows but the conservatory blocks the ladder.

This may be a silly question. But would I be able to change the high level elbow for a T and put the AAV there? So it is just underneath the window, with just a low level access cap where the sub stack used to go?

Not a particularly problematic remedy. Get external one. I might be tempted to put tee instead of the elbow and extend up to roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air Admittance Valve Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, I am installing a new en-suite toilet upstairs in a new location , the soil stack is installed by my builder going downstairs directly and into the ground where the main sewers are. He’s installed the air admittance valve on the floor below , which is slightly below where the toilet is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would welcome your thoughts on this. I'm installing a low level shower tray, over a timber floor. Cast iron soil stack only about a metre away. So far so good. The problem is that the existing 1 1/2 copper connection into the stack (previously serving bath) enters the stack at a low...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to fit an external air admittance valve to a new stack pipe, see picture. Does anyone have a particular recommendation. Many thanks Paul
Replies
Views
S
Water nearly rises to top of pan when flushing toilet then very slowly lowers. Tried several attempts to clear any blockages, hasn’t made any difference. Would a faulty Air Admittance Valve (stuck in shut position) prevent the normal emptying when flushing?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock