Search the forum,

Discuss Air in boiler Whooshing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently moved into a new flat and have been having issues with the heating. The bottom of 3 of the rads were stone cold when I first moved in, I blead the rads, checked balance, no change. So I put a cleaner in the system, left it a week and took the suspect rads off and tried to flush them out, some sludge came out. Put them back on blead the rads and now the boilers making a loud whooshing noise, I double checked all the rad were blead, then I pressed the bike pump thing on the boiler and a LOT of air came out but the boiler still seems to have air in it and I can hear it gurgling. Any ideas on how to remove the air? Boiler is Worcester 28i junior and would like to get a year or two out it at least before replacing.

you mean you took the black cap off and pressed the schrader valve pin?

could be air in the system still

thats the expansion vessel and its supposed to have air in but not water so theres a problem

your best option is contact a local heating engy and tell him what you've said here and youve had problems with the boiler

thats the expansion vessel and its supposed to have air in but not water so theres a problem

your best option is contact a local heating engy and tell him what you've said here and youve had problems with the boiler

Will this re-pressurise itself ?

Sorry to say no and as there's water there no point also get him to look at your noise / air problem as well whiles he's there

You definitely need a GRS you have already done more than you are legally allowed and it proves a little knowledge can be dangerous do not use your boiler untill a engineer has attended you will damage the boilers heat exchanger cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air in boiler Whooshing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock