Search the forum,

Discuss Air lock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just fitted new boiler and cold water storage tank in a town house in Hampstead. Over the top of the old galvanised tank was 4 15mm vents. Plumbing system very pour in this place. Cold tank in roof box over top floor. Cylinder below (not directly) on second floor below. Cylinder has surry flange on it feeding a boost pump to 1 shower. Cold to pump comes from Bath supply on same level as pump. Question is what's the 4 15mm vents for and why no water out of top floor taps and pumped shower.
Both hot and cold outlets on ground floor seem to be ok

Difficult to get your head round I know but any help would be much appreciated

Looks like you've stumbled upon a right odd setup. If i get a stubborn air lock i fetch the aqua vac from the van and suck the water/air from the tap.

It really is a pig. Going back in morning to try and sort it. Even tried the wet vac Paul plumb but still no good. But thanks anyway mate

Sometimes the wetvac is not strong enough to shift air lock. Try joining the hot and cold with some speedfit and blast the mains up the hot.
There may be something blocking the pipes where you have drained down

Thanks guys. That's what I normally do subby so will do that tomorrow. Something has to do

Work.

Still can't get my head around the room 15mm vents though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air lock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock