Search the forum,

Discuss Air pressure testing equipment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Goodenough

Esteemed
Plumber
I'm looking for advice please for what equipment to use for air pressure testing of copper pipework (for cold & hot water services).

The client is asking for a test of min 7 bar for 24 hours.

Info on 'wet' water pressure testing also useful.

MTIA

Air pressure at 7 bar v dangerous, I’d go water every time

Would not be doing that with air Jim its very dangerous mate , always use water off the mains and then pressurise it up with a test pump to 7bar , i will sometimes do it to test a carcass but never ever to those sort of pressures. Cheers kop

Screenshot_2018-03-28-05-02-30.png

Fill a pipe up with 7 bar of air and the fitting comes off or the pipe fails you could have grit, gravel swarf , solder in the pipe it will be like being shot and the noise when it blows will damage your hearing ,could even blowup in your face use water above a 1bar is my advice . kop

Fill a pipe up with 7 bar of air and the fitting comes off or the pipe fails you could have grit, gravel swarf , solder in the pipe it will be like being shot and the noise when it blows will damage your hearing ,could even blowup in your face use water above a 1bar is my advice . kop

But that would be the same as testing at 7 bar with water wouldn't it? Still dangerous

But I think what he’s saying is that with sir there’s no protection from debris in the pipes. Water will dampen it down. Plus water cannot be compressed

It's the volume with air stores a hell of a lot more energy than water

Ive got to pressure test a large Carcass this week, I’ll air test up to 1bar for half hour, to make sure System is complete. Then test with water and a hand pump up to 6 bar (the pressure of the expansion valve PRV) for an hour

Ive got to pressure test a large Carcass this week, I’ll air test up to 1bar for half hour, to make sure System is complete. Then test with water and a hand pump up to 6 bar (the pressure of the expansion valve PRV) for an hour

I just fix boilers so all a bit to technical for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air pressure testing equipment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock