Search the forum,

Discuss All taps in house lukewarm since work done in bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 96713

Hi all!

Recently had some work done in the bathroom (retiled floor, new sink and toilet put in).

Since then ALL the hot taps (shower, bath, bathroom sink, kitchen sink) in the house are producing water that could at best be described as warm.

We have a combi boiler new in 2015 but it was fine before this so I'm assuming the boiler's not at fault. Also, the heating is fine.

Is likely to be a master mixer somewhere that would control the heat of all the taps? I'm a complete dunce when it comes to plumbing I'm afraid.

The house itself is a Victorian terraced house in East London if that helps.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
is it a mixer tapthat was fitted
check if boiler is ok to do this check how hot the hot water the pipe leaving the boiler is.
if that is ok then it could be a mixer tap or shower passing cold into the system causing the water to cool, either way get plumber back

Get the plumber back who did your bathroom

Engineer will be needed i am afraid watch the boiler when the hotwater tap is running if it keeps fireing up and going off the thats your problem if not then it external engineer will needed for both anyways . cheers kop

If you can, isolate your hot water supply, and then turn on a hot tap. Water should stop coming out after 5-10 seconds. If cold water continues to come out, then as said above, you have a mixer which is incorrectly passing water from cold to hot. Usually a stuck NRV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to All taps in house lukewarm since work done in bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock