Search the forum,

Discuss Alloys used in Plumbing ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shine71

Hi all,
What a great Forum and bunch of helpful people out there.
This is my first thread, mainly due to the fact that I have just started a plumbing course which I hope will lead to a career opportunity later on.

At this stage I can only request your help I'm afraid but hope I maybe able to offer advice as I become experienced in the industry.

Basically, I have a review question to discuss when I next speak to the tutor which I have found a bit ambiguous. The question is : "One of these is NOT an alloy used in plumbing" options are : 1) Brass, 2) Bronze, 3) Copper and 4) Soft solder.

Initially I thought the answer was "Bronze" but then I read some articles where Bronze can be used but am still unclear if this is still used. Then I thought the answer would be "Soft solder" as this term used to refer to solder that contained lead and is no longer allowed on potable water systems. I then thought about Copper as this does not appear to be an alloy in its purist form but I have seen that you can purchase Copper Alloy ?

As you can see I am torn between my arguments and would be grateful for some clarification. I am only in the very early stages of my training and would like to get the basics right in my head before exploring the more complex areas of plumbing.

I appreciate your help.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alloys used in Plumbing ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock