Discuss Am actually going to make a bit of money from plumbing for once! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Blimey, I knew I had a lot of work with this customer but just totted up how much she's spending with me and it's going to be over £30k once it's done! New drains for entire house including 2 new soil stacks, rewire, whole house replumbed with an electric combi-boiler, moving bathroom, retiling kitchen, converting old bathroom to bedroom and project managing a couple of other trades, plasterers and painters mainly. It's certainly my biggest job and I don't think I'll get one close to it again.

Will keep me busy for a wee while!

What's been your biggest domestic customer to date in terms of spend (not size)? I think it will be a long time before I beat this one! All of this came from replacing an immersion heater for her, turned out she had been saving up for ages to get this work done on her 100 year old house. Funny how people form an opinion on your ability to do large jobs on a small job like that.

My biggest was 12k. It was good as it was on a refurb project so was spread out over about 3-4 months of doing a couple days a week so I could still take booking for other jobs and not be tied down to one place.

Glad to see someone is making a decent living, need a bit more my way, well done mate

£12k bathroom as my first proper one when I started, scared my self stupid with the huge glass panel for the walkin shower! vowed never again. just finished another shower mixer turned into a project worth £15k, but I hate bathrooms still. Prefer boiler changes or better still oil tank swaps, in and out and paid and onto the next.

just been to a £2million plus property overlooking saunton sands pm today, AGA not working properly, bit of flame lift I think, so set the burner pressure down to the correct level, and waiting to see if that works. Asked to take on their swimming pool and other boilers, I counted 4 so far in a property built 4 years ago, all LPG!!!!!!!!!!! Queried politely if they had heard of gshp or solar panels for hw etc, and the owner said that lpg is cheaper and didnt think gshp would be viable and that panels didnt give a payback!!!!!!!!. Still he is rich enough not to notice, invoiced call out accordingly :)

About 5k for me, I don't want them to big. I don't do bathrooms , just heating. Anything with more than fourteen rads doesn't interest me, I've deliberately not done unvented. Get in get out get paid.

You got proper stage payments set up keiran

Yeah learnt that one the hard way before. The boiler is £3k alone! Everything gets paid for before it gets unwrapped or goes into the house. As soon as it's in the house if it's not paid for you are stuffed legally!

I do 80% after first fix and 20% after 2nd fix on rewires and heating installs tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Am actually going to make a bit of money from plumbing for once! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock