Discuss "An expert" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGas

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
[video=youtube;RIhe6EzvhDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIhe6EzvhDo[/video]

Alex, what with all your recent postings I really think you need to get out in the sun mate! lol

That was good Alex. It is one of those expert videos of how to boil an egg.
I don't do gas and never knew that a gas valve at the gas meter was for a purpose. Whatever next? - maybe them stopcock thingies in houses turn the water off? :grin:

It is just too hot and sunny here at moment for to be outside, so I found this pratt on YouTube giving instructions on removing a radiator. Look for his first mistake he states. Also I love the statement he makes in reply to criticism later in comments.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vgGmY67xJJk

a total idiot! also doing up the ls to rad nut not undoing it lol

Yes, hard to believe they also did that! The whole point of a video like that is surely to show a complete numbskull how to do the very basics, - spanner on nut, turn this direction, sort of stuff, but that idiot manages to get everything wrong, - except the bit of paper in the rad tails advice.
I love that he later states that anticlockwise depends on how you view it. :smile:

surely its some kind of a parody the rad bracket even falls off as they lift the rad

Best;881160 I love that he later states that anticlockwise depends on how you view it. :smile:[/QUOTE said:
Yeah, dumbass. Only issue with that being that doesn't change it being clockwise or anti-clockwise. You just have to know where you are standing in relation to the clock. Worryingly dim.

He closed the trv and opened the lockshield. Then he tightened the lockshield.

Far easier to stick a couple of compression cap ends on either end and lift of whilst still full of water.

We can all laugh at him but the main issue with it is if you're going to be giving advice specifically aimed at total amateurs in order that they do a job which could easily cause loads of damage if it goes wrong you best make sure it's a) for a job that the majority of people CAN safely have a crack at (i honestly believe removing a rad isn't one) and that it's explained extremely well, is totally comprehensive and contains lots of caveats and warnings. This does none of that.

Joe or Josephine Bloggs will sit down with their dad's old grips and a washing up bowl and 5 minutes later they'll be on the phone to AA1 Emergency Minimum £200 Call Outs R Us

We can all laugh at him but the main issue with it is if you're going to be giving advice specifically aimed at total amateurs in order that they do a job which could easily cause loads of damage if it goes wrong you best make sure it's a) for a job that the majority of people CAN safely have a crack at (i honestly believe removing a rad isn't one) and that it's explained extremely well, is totally comprehensive and contains lots of caveats and warnings. This does none of that.

Joe or Josephine Bloggs will sit down with their dad's old grips and a washing up bowl and 5 minutes later they'll be on the phone to AA1 Emergency Minimum £200 Call Outs R Us

There are a few forums around helping people in a scary way tbh.

"change free of charge in 2 hours". What about the F28 you just generated by not advising the custard to turn off the appliance if running...... Still, gets someone a call-out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "An expert" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Working with expert designers, these six families transformed their homes into functional and beautiful spaces. Perhaps it’s still the pandemic...
Replies
Views
Never seen that type of ratchet wrench before... https://www.youtube.com/shorts/G9BhDrQPKAU Could be useful, Amazon sell singles of large...
Replies
Views
S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
Hi, I need to disconnect the hot water to the kitchen tap to repair a leak but there is nothing under the sink. We have a tank upstairs: Also, I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock