Search the forum,

Discuss An interesting condensing flue - would appreciate comments of any kind in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_4760.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: Vee
:D

No No No and more No

Totally wrong

A fitter who should who should know better!

This is the second attempt. The first looked very tidy but the pipe was half way under the walkway and dripped on us as we walked in and out of the building. We made comment to the managing agent who asked the guy to come back out and this is what we have.

The owner of the property has yet to see this delightful 'structure'

I have laughed soooooo much over this I thought I'd post it to give you all a laugh on a dreary snowy day!

OMG.....................
I'm flabbergasted by this. Was the fitter qualified? or blind/plain stupid.
Management agent needs to throw him off the balcony...................

That's the trouble with those flue extension kits...you only get three elbows.

Thats no excuse bud the boiler should not even be in that position it still needs to be fitted to manufacturers instructions and the regs and its definitely not, plumekits are not intended to be used in this situation its just bad workmanship and understanding it is so easy to have done a better job without a plume kit very poor. Kop

#King of pipes

When you say the boiler should not be in that position are you talking about the boiler or the boiler flue?

In terms of the boiler itself we live in a grade 2 listed building and the rules and regulations of the building end at the exterior wall and not the balconies and walkways.

I live on the top floor and was fortunate enough to be able to obtain permission to put my boiler into the loft and take my flue The roof.

The apartments directly under me have no option but to have the boiler in the location to which they are currently or go electric. But they don't have they space for a hot water tank

Dosent make any difference it has to be fitted to the regs , the manufacturer should have been consulted if there was a issue before anything was fitted see attached fitting a plume kit dose not mean you can deviate from these rules fact . My advice report him to gas safe this installer need a kick up the ---- and retraining . Kop

Screenshot_20171210-085035.png

Better but no each flue joint needs to be accessible so it can be examined for leakage there are specialized boxings made for this purpose. Kop

OMG! This just gets more and more ridiculous-

I am beginning to question the competence of every heating engineer in our home town!!!!

When you say the boiler should not be in that position are you talking about the boiler or the boiler flue?

The hole for the flue undermines the structural support for the lintel over the window.
It doesn't matter that the concrete walkway may join into the wall and form a bridge over the window either.
The hole that was already there for the previous flue was also wrong.

No enginner will unscrew a entire boxing each time a service and gas saftey check is required , it should have purpose made access hatches at each joint so it can be examined and tested. Again report to gasafe. Regards kop

Screenshot_2017-12-10-09-42-17.png

Last edited:
Do any of you feel there may come a time when every apartment in a block of flats will need to have an annual gas safety certificate??

They should all legally have one every 12months if it is a rented property its the landlords responsability and they can be prosecuted if they fail in their duties. Kop

Who maintains, or arranges maintenance, for the walkways, stairs and any other common areas, the Managing Agent presumably?

Is the Managing Agent employed by the Flat owners as a Group?

Do you need permission from the Managing Agent to carry out work in the common areas, for example maintenance on the walkway facing windows or Installing boiler flues across the walkway?

This is leading to whether the Managing Agent has any repsonsibility, Legal or otherwise, for any work carried out in common areas.

We have a managing agent.

Our directors (preprestenting the owners collective) instruct the agents to obtain quotes for any maintenance to joint areas and then our directors make the final choice

Anything that it connected to an apartment but will impact the communal areas (such as a boiler flue) The owner need to inform the managing agent of the plans who is undertaking the work this information is given to the directors for reference. It should be at this time that I personally would be asking for positioning diagrams. But this doesn't happen. Questions are only raised after the work has been done which normally causes more costs to the apartment owners

I've seen this bloke's work before, and the flue in the op is one of his better efforts. Maybe it should be nominated for a Turner prize.

He'll get a flue in where others wouldn't even try. It does get worse - see below. :eek:
nintchdbpict000368091656.jpg

What goes through peoples' minds when they plan to do that?

Better put a Guard over the flue, otherswise it wouldn't be compliant...

I know what should go through their minds and that's a Core drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to An interesting condensing flue - would appreciate comments of any kind in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock