Search the forum,

Discuss An old house in need of TLC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 97605

Hi all, I am a bit disabled with a bash on the head so unable to work in life now, but still able to learn bits at a time and do some things for myself. lost concept of time and dates but no problem to me, only others and cognitive functioning is affected. I have taken on a large old house with some water problems that I will work through in time. When not able, I will use pro's to do certain items, but some I will cure myself.
The house has total private water systems, so no water bills to any water company or shareholders.
It is neglected over the years but only in need of some repairs etc to get it all working great again. I will admit in seconds if I do not know something and say if I cannot do something, instead of yes and making a massive mess or disaster. I can manage most things in small chunks so I hope to use your expertise in here to help me fix a few water problems this end.
There is no water pressure, so a pressure system is fitted to the oil burner to allow the rads to work. Someone has placed the water tanks in a downstairs loft in a back kitchen!!.. I kid you not, in a two storey house. The water pressure at present is not an issue, (no family needing baths or showers daily), as I seem to have an idea how to cure this, by simply moving the tanks into the upstairs loft, or installing a slim high tank to allow gravity flow to increase pressure.
All I can say is the entire water and plumbing has been attacked by amateurs for its entirety it seems with every gauge of pipe you can think of stuck into each other, in what I would describe as caveman mentality of plumbing.

Welcome.
I can't work out by your post, what your asking?
I think I was just saying hello and asking for help but I have made a thread and posted images just now of my problem. I was meant to introduce myself here, but somehow got sidetracked and bleated out my water problem here.

Welcome Old and still learning.....you've got your work cut out there good to see you know your limitations but there is plenty of experienced people on here who will do their best to advise.....regards Turnpin:)

Welcome Old and still learning...you've got your work cut out there good to see you know your limitations but there is plenty of experienced people on here who will do their best to advise...regards Turnpin:)
I now have to do a 80 mile round trip to simply buy some 42mm pipe and connections. Bad timing with everyone closed now for Xmas, but found a supplier down in Swansea (i'm up high in the Cambrian Mountain's so a bit remote as I keep getting told) so just getting ready for this part. I am already in debt to ones here, as already I have got to the bottom of my leak and almost have it under control.

Try bss

Too late, I have just arrived back home now. Wick:es is NOT fir for purpose on basic plumbing as they stock all there own brand and unheard of measurements. Could not even supply me a single waste pipe at 42mm and could not even work out or find me a simple pipe connector to fit my water tanks.
I was stuck as today all trades are closed and I need this immediately as I now I have no water or heating. I have grabbed some large rubber washers as this was as much use as wickes were, in Swansea. I feel wrong even daring to mention there crap store, unless you want to use stuff unheard of and annoy any plumbers out there when they try to do a repair on you. lol

Try and find a city plumbing

Also if your connecting the tanks together needs to be in copper normally 28mm or bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to An old house in need of TLC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an old house in the Yorkshire dales, it is known as a typical dales house, as its one room wide and long over 40m. The house has been extended over the years and the boiler moved and heating loops added. This is giving me problems as the boiler is now at one end of the house (first...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently using a Grundfos Booster Pump. This pump is fed by 2pcs of 1,000 liters water tank. Normally the pump would stop working only when there is no water in the water tank. But, recently for the past week, in the middle of the night, the pump would stop working even though the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock