Search the forum,

Discuss Another career change? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all, thanks for the opportunity to join the forum.Like some of you, my googling eventually stumbles upon content here.Recently gas qualified,first conversion from open-vented to Combi this week.What a head rush: Pipe sizing, boiler sizing, pipes in voids, controllers...

What's your background?
How did you get into Plumbing?
How long have you been qualified?

Welcome, how are you finding your new career?

10 years in engineering - lathe, milling, gear cutting.10 years in IT as infrastructure manager, missed using my hands...Been doing general domestic refurbishment work and maintenance 4 years now in building industry.formal plumbing and gas certs 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Another career change? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 400 15kW Heat Only Boiler I've got air in the pump and one gas engineer has said I need to move the pipes as they are configured incorrectly. Another said all I need to do is add an AAV as high as possible. Another said I should seal the system. Boiler was installed in...
Replies
Views
Sorry I have sort of asked this before, tried professionals but not great 1st experience hence DIY attempt attempt again. 2 completely cold rad's, another one get pretty warm, flow pipe hot, return v.luke warm. (Both rad's I have manually flushed really well) Hot water works fine, boiler return...
Replies
Views
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I get a quick sense check on the below, always wanting to work 1 step ahead, eventually planning to add an en-suite to my existing loft conversion. Got...
Replies
Views
P
Looking for some help here - not my boiler, so consider me a proxy. I'm also by no means a heating engineer: I'm just looking for pointers, as the owner of this boiler is now caught firmly between "not us", "not us" and "not us" - nobody will take responsibility, and just calls into question...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock