Search the forum,

Discuss Anti vac or not to anti vac, shallow bath trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Evening,

I am in the throws of a bathroom revamp. The old bath has a normal shallow trap however I was considering fitting an anti vac option, basically the run is quite long to the soil pipe and want to improve the discharge. I could just change like for like but want to improve performance.

Any help appreciated

I think a Hep V0 valve would do , sorry dont know how to do a link

was it pulling the trap dry ? I guess it wouldn't hurt to fit an anti-siphon trap would help with gurgling noise aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anti vac or not to anti vac, shallow bath trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
I have a long waste pipe run that is out side of the recommended distance of 4 meters for 50mm pipe. It only has one appliance on it. But because of the length of the run I want to stop self syphonage of the trap. Is there any benefit of fitting a trap with and anti vac adapter or anti vac...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, First time doing a bathroom remodel - took out bath to replace with shower but the bath waste is too high and I want to do a wetroom style. I have 7cm of aggregate / screed over the top of the ply sub-floor so my plan is to lay the new shower waste pipe into a channel cut through that and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock