Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone fitted the new Baxi boilers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert large

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone fitted many of the new Baxi boilers ?
I've fitted a lot of Duo-Tecs & Platinums but know nothing of the new ones. 200s & 400s I think they are called so I'm interested to know how they are performing & how easy they are to fit...oh, & are they lighter than a duo-tec to lift ;)

400s ok 600 are getting there

400 looks very plastic
600 looks good, I think they are sorting out the teething problems

Thanks. Both boilers not quite 100% yet then ?
Would have replied earlier but been having log-in problems.

fitted a few 400`s on an estate near me a while ago (not specified by me) I thought they were a bit flimsy and did not weigh much

We've done quite a few 400's. nice, light, and very quiet. Once I got over the old plumber problem( brass is best) and embraced the plastic construction I really like them. They seem well designed and easy to work on going forward after warranty runs out.

Fitted a few compacts and they are a doddle.
They have put more brass back into the newer ones and flue more central.
I also hear that Baxi are changing the warranty call back set up .If the boiler is not installed properly /system cleaned or benchmark not filled out correctly they will repair then void the warranty.

Thanks Quality, Lee & Hammers. Do you think they are as reliable as the old Duo Tecs ?
I've gone away from Vaillant a bit (too expensive now) & am doing quite a few Logic+s but getting a bit worried about the stories when warranty call outs are required so looking around at others.

It' a case of time will tell.
The expansion vessels are smaller if I recall so not great for big systems.

They are all going the same way with warranties. Oh and baxi are doing a flue where any white showing won' be damaged by UV or corrode

What size vessel is in the 200&400?
I think it's 7 in the 600.

I have not Mate. But the lads on here seem to like them. I have stuck with my Vaillant’s. Nothing compares to them in my opinion.

As Hammers says... still too new but to me Baxi is a more trustwothy name than Ideal so fingers crossed. 105e to Duo tec all good but a bit big in a modern kitchen. 400 Vessel is 7 litres.
I've previously been a Glowworm fan and not had a problem with any Flexicoms I've fitted in the last 9 years but after the shake up there I'm not so sure, Vaillants are good but too expensive.

Fitted a couple of 400 heat only boilers easy to fit and commission small light and a good bit cheaper than say a Ideal but as has been said the plastic casing lets it down.

Screenshot_2018-02-04-07-27-33.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone fitted the new Baxi boilers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am working on a baxi duo-tec 40 boiler there is no heating and hot water running fine. I've checked diverter valve and both motor and pin are operational. This boiler is just over 4 yr old only serviced once before though. Next i want to check temperature sensor for central heating as they...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys My Baxi Duo Tec Boiler as developed a condensate leak where the flue pipe connects into the flue elbow. I suspect the seal as gone in the elbow and so I want to replace it. Having looked on top of the boiler casing, where the elbow connects to the boiler adaptor there are two, for...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon All, This is my first time on the renewables forum so please forgive my ignorance. I've been interested in ASHPs for about 15 years but have always doubted their economic viability - especially for retrofits. Now that there will be no gas connected to new builds in 4 years I am...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I've got a few issues with my boiler. It's BAXI platinum 24 combi. 1. Occasionally when it fires up it does it with a big loud bang (explosive ignition?) From what I've noticed it usually happens when central heating starts up, doesn't happen with hot water (or it's just...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hoping for some words of wisdom from people in the know! I am in a flat with a shared flue system. Currently have a 22year+ old Valiant non-condensing combi boiler fitted. Increasingly needing repair and struggling to find parts. The flat fits the exemption criteria for installing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock