Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone good with tech drawings? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Does this say the distance between the end of the flush spigot and the wall is 180mm or is that measurement not given?

Thanks

toilet.jpg

Cheers all.

What does it mean when sometimes the arrow type symbols stop at exactly the line for the measurement that's given and other times (like with this 180mm) they appear to pass the line?

That's what made me wonder if it might be less or refer to something else

All the measurements will be from finished surfaces.

If it's a newbuild or a renovation, you have to make allowances for what's going on the floors and walls.

The 180mm of the wall is from the finished wall to the start / end of the spigot, so the pan connector goes over the spigot so you will have to allow for this when fitting off

Cheers all.

What does it mean when sometimes the arrow type symbols stop at exactly the line for the measurement that's given and other times (like with this 180mm) they appear to pass the line?

All to do with how much space there is to print in.

Cheers all.

That's what made me wonder if it might be less or refer to something else
Internal dimension from the datum (point of reference) or external dimension from the datum

Internal dimension from the datum (point of reference) or external dimension from the datum
If the dimension was say 5mm there is no way they could print 5mm and the two arrows within that space so the arrows are placed outside facing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone good with tech drawings? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock