Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone know the current scrap copper prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the current scrap copper prices?

about a month ago it was pretty low.
roughly a bit over £2 a kilo for copper
a bit under th £2 for brass

well if that bloke in North Korea gets his way, I see a potential rise in the future if half of Asia starts to glow

I got £2.40 per kilo for brazy last week, brass was around £2 and clean copper was (I think) £2.70

I got £15 quid last month for a standard sized cylinder.... I remember they used to be nearly double that

I got £15 quid last month for a standard sized cylinder.... I remember they used to be nearly double that

Double! They were worth at least £50 for a standard indirect cylinder for a while. Indirect cylinders are approx 10 to 15 kilo for normal sizes of 30" or 36" or 42" x18". At about £4 or more it once was a kilo for brazery it soon added up

I've got a garage full and could do with clearing it but hate the thought of handing it over at low value.

It won't be going up for a decent while yet. Worth splitting the cylinder and taking out the soft copper for a bit more cash if you can be arsed.

I ordered a skip and had a bit of room left over so chucked all my old rads and boilers on the top as its not worth taking them in and I can't get a scrap bloke to collect it.

I've got my scrap stored in my shed at the moment as its not worth taking in but as soon as I have a van full I will take it in. It is money for nothing really and although it would be nice to get more for it seeing as though it is a waste product from our job anything is a bonus.

I have thought about melting it down into bars so it can be stored easier.

I have thought about melting it down into bars so it can be stored easier.

That would take a lot of energy and energy (for these purposes) isn't likely to be of the free sort. You'd lose as much money in time, energy costs and effort as you are already losing because of the low price at the moment.

I have got a copper cylinder and other brazery to scrap. Price here is £2.65 per kilo for brazery.

I'm only getting £1.90 here in Guernsey but the price has always been lower than the UK as there are costs in shipping the scrap off island. This price is for nice clean copper, all cut into small pieces less than 100mm long.

£2.85 per kilo for brazery copper
£1.85 for brass lately

other way round round me :( got more for copper than brass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone know the current scrap copper prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock