Search the forum,

Discuss Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 - Intermittent constant running water. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,
So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was having and in the end I replaced everything, new engine and new front cover . This was working great for a month or so, but now noticed an intermittent issue.

Please see video of issue:

1) The most serious issue, when you turn off the shower (via the blue led on off button) the shower still runs. If you turn it off at the isolation switch it will turn off but still takes a minute or so to do so. (My wife reported once even with the isolation switch it took 10 mins to turn off - but I did not witness this scenario) (again intermittent does not do this every time).

2) The shower head has a constant drip, to the point i decided to catch the water and over night it dripped about 1 litre . (Again intermittent does not do this every use.)

I have uploaded a picture of the insides of my unit (albeit it was the old original unit) but if anyone can tell / point out any things to specifically check from the picture, would be great. completely new everything and it's already having these issues. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231204-110748.png
    Screenshot_20231204-110748.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Sounds like the solenoid valve is not operating correctly. It is not shutting off properly- hence water continues to run even with the power off at the switch. This one has some sort of hydraulic piston I think, allowing it to run cold water through the tank once the power is off. This damping effect is working too well, in as much as it is not actually shutting off fully.

I had exactly this problem on a unit and it was solved by repeated manual operation of the piston and judicious application of silicone grease.
However I would not recommend this in your case, if it’s only 1 month old - kick it back to the seller as it is under warranty.

I had exactly this problem on a unit and it was solved by repeated manual operation of the piston and judicious application of silicone grease.
However I would not recommend this in your case, if it’s only 1 month old - kick it back to the seller as it is under warranty.
Hell Ben, thank you for getting back to me.

Now that you mention this if you are referring to the pump I highlighted in the picture attached. I do remember installing I thought it was sticking abit. I actually made a video now.looking back is this is what you are referring to:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231204-155653.png
    Screenshot_20231204-155653.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
Yes the thing you have circled in green, it is the solenoid piston ( not a pump).
Great, as I may need to do a work on it, you mentioned you applied silicone grease to the unit unwere working on. Did you use a spray silicone or did you literally apply grease and work the piston up and down? Thanks

Reply to Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 - Intermittent constant running water. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock