Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Aqualisa Quartz Gravity Pumped QZD.A2.EV.14 Shower in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Member

I have a customer who wants an unvented HWS, they have a Aqualisa Quartz Gravity Pumped QZD.A2.EV.14 Shower which has a max pressure of 1 bar.

My question is if I fitted PRV's set at 1 bar, on both H & C services to the shower pump once the UVHWS system is installed, would this be sufficient for the shower to operate normally?

MTIA

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Nope time for a new shower if they don't do the high pressure box / control unit

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Member

I mean fit the PRV's on the supplies to the shower pump? Surely this will work.

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

no as there not designed to work on mains as there pumped

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber

+1 for Shaun. I've even tried it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Jim Goodenough

Jim Goodenough Member

FYI, I've contacted Aqualisa and they say I need "our mains compatible HP processor valve which will be half the size of your existing. They can take up to 7 bar of working pressure and are available at a cost of £302.99 including VAT, plus £2.95 for the postage and packaging"