Search the forum,

Discuss Are oil delivery companies meant to be trainec by oftec in regards to oil delivery. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzt

Esteemed
Local oil company filled an oil tank with four big cracks in the tank, i thought they were trained to oftec level in regards to oil tank assessment and risk. The customer only noticed and questioned the tanker driver on his concern of the tank bursting.

Ive got the opposite here. Loads of jobs drivers are only putting in couple of 100l in saying tanks split and about to leak. I can hardly find a problem with the tanks.

Rarely do I hear of local oil companies commenting on oil tanks.
I wish they would, as some of the installs deserve to be condemned.

Near where I work they delivery drivers are pretty on the ball, they will refuse to deliver if they think the tank has been wrongly installed, leak problems etc.

Stani they are doing there job correctly, i think oil deliverly drivers should do a quick assessment on the tank before filling. I am sure they have to be trained and certified for oil delivery

They must be otherwise you would get some numpty trying to put 500 gallon in a 1000 litre tank,
The environment agency will take to court anyone who contaminates the ground with oil etc, they have a little section which states something, there is an unlimited cap on what they will fine companies that cause spillages, I.e. You have to pay for the clean up costs which can run into millions and also fines of a similar cost. Oil delivery companies won't let their staff put them at risk.

When I first did my OFTEC training in 2007 on the last day when we got to the OFT/10-600A a load of tanker delivery drivers showed up and took that course. They moaned a lot about being responsible for filling faulty installations from that day on but they had to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Are oil delivery companies meant to be trainec by oftec in regards to oil delivery. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock