Search the forum,

Discuss Asbestos cold water tank??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a survey done. Suspected asbestos on a defunct cold water tank :'( Do you agree? Many thanks.
tank2.jpg
tank3.jpg
tank2.jpg
tank4.jpg
tank6.jpg

Have you paid someone to come out and test it for you. It looks likely but you can never tell unless actually tested.

Hard to say off the photo. It costs a small amount to have a test done and that is the only way to confirm it.

If there is any doubt at all, then treat it like it is asbestos.

Hard to say off the photo. It costs a small amount to have a test done and that is the only way to confirm it.

Never heard of suspected asbestos.
If it's been tested, it either is, or isn't.
It certainly looks like it, so dont touch it.
Regards
Who did the survey?

Looks quite likely.
Does it need to be moved?
The mortgage surveyor did the survey. Yes will need removing otherwise buyer can't have mortgage.

Never heard of suspected asbestos.
If it's been tested, it either is, or isn't.
It certainly looks like it, so dont touch it.
Regards
It hasn't been tested hence suspected :( I agree that it looks like asbestos and will need to get it tested and tank removed. Many thanks for getting back to me.

You're not wrong about it costing a small amount! Then to pay for removal on top :'( gonna need to rob a bank lol

Used an online service a few years back. Had some dodgy pipe insulation in an old folks home. Sent me a kit out. Overalls, mask, gloves, bags etc. Take a sample double bag and post it back. Email results a few days later. Mine wasn't asbestos. About 40 notes.

That's the one I used.
Thank you Simon so much for all the info. I've found a company to test the tank. Knocked them down from ÂŁ162 to ÂŁ80! Not as great as your deal but I'm rather happy with my haggling skills :) They're coming tomorrow morning and will get results in the afternoon. Appreciate you getting in touch x

So are house mortgage surveyors now going to be insisting that ALL asbestos be removed before a mortgage can be granted?

That'll potentially mean some houses may be unsaleable.
Imagine a house with Asbestos;

Guttering
Downpipes
Soil Stack
Artex
Asbestos Floor tiles.
Soffit

So are house mortgage surveyors now going to be insisting that ALL asbestos be removed before a mortgage can be granted?

That'll potentially mean some houses may be unsaleable.
Imagine a house with Asbestos;

Guttering
Downpipes
Soil Stack
Artex
Asbestos Floor tiles.
Soffit
Perhaps I'm just the unlucky one! My house is unsaleable until asbestos is removed. I've had do a lot of work on the property (a Victorian house) just to meet current building regs!! The loft bedroom had to be marketed as a loft room as it doesn't meet building regs to be classed as a bedroom anymore. Good news for those in the build game I guess! x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Asbestos cold water tank??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header tank? ie to place some sort of control elsewhere in the feed pipe before the water gets to the header tank - turning off the mains water supply would...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them? They are the pipes that feed water back into the top of the tanks when there is excess, presumably from steam, expansion, etc. The one going to the cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock