Search the forum,

Discuss At a loss with this one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, as title says I am at a complete loss with this one and was hoping to get some help.

The setup:

We have a well which provides 2 houses, the water goes from the well to the pump then into (what I thought was) a pressure tank. Then out to the 2 houses. (both sides are effected)

About 2 months ago we lost most of our pressure, so much that the shower doesnt work nor does the washing machine. Now I checked the well end and all is fine up there and checked all valves etc were turned on properly. the last and probably most obvious thing left was the tank itself.

Now this thing is ancient the inlet is at the bottom and the outlet at the top (not like todays setups) but it does have a pressure gauge and switch on it.

I sent pics away to a tank company to see if they had anything suitable to replace it with but I have just got an email back saying there tech team doesnt think this is a pressure tank and cant help me.

Can anybody shine any light on this?

Tank dimensions are: (approx)
Height 31"
Circumference 59"
Radius 10.5 "

View attachment 32526

We just want to get the pressure back so we can use the shower and washing machine again. Thanks

tank.jpg

Looks like an accumulator with a pressure switch on the side (the pressure switch controls your pump and sets the pressure which comes out the tap)

Ah right, thanks folks. The pump is constantly running since the pressure went, doesnt cycle just on all the time.

So would an accumulator tank help get the pressure back up?

Or the pressure switch is fault best get someone who deals with wells to check it out

Ah right, thanks folks. The pump is constantly running since the pressure went, doesnt cycle just on all the time.

So would an accumulator tank help get the pressure back up?

If the pump is constantly running, then the water must be going somewhere!
Have you got a burst between the vessel and the pump ?

Surprised that you have copper pipe running well water ! usely eats it away, where is your filtration system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to At a loss with this one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock