Search the forum,

Discuss Auto air vent placement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny5isalive

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
If anyone can give me pointers I'd be most grateful. I have flow and return coming in at the floor level in one corner of a room that rises to ceiling level runs around three walls and drops to the ufh manifold.

It is drained at the moment but when I refill Id like to have done the most I can to remove air problems.

I was planning on putting aavs on the flow and return at the top of the run up the wall.
Will it be necessary to put them at the top of the run down the wall to prevent air getting pushed into the ufh?

Also the ufh just has a pump on it without a zone valve. Does it need a zone valve or can it be left as it is. Either was going to interlock it with the boiler pump or it is run of its own stat at the moment so could be left that way.

Thanks Jon

Just to update I cut the pipes down to manifold level and put aavs on. Wired the ufh pump into the boiler. A fair distance away so used 1.5mm. System is basically one ufh manifold feeding a large room with a couple of small radiators in the toilets directly off it. Temp will be lead by the main room. Going to try a Honeywell opentherm bridge to see how well it modulates. And to see how the Honeywell stuff interacts with the Intergas opentherm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Auto air vent placement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock