Search the forum,

Discuss Back to wall waste help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, hopefully attached picture is clear. I don't have enough space to get down and across from my wc outlet to the waste tee on floor. The tee in floor is the push fit type with the rubber ring inside, so I'd need to pipe it as well, before getting a flexi in. Anyway, flexi just won't work. Too close. What I'm wondering is whether the following would work. If I cut the tee just after the push fit part of the joint, am I left with a standard 110mm that I could push my flexi into? Would that work? Any other suggestions? Cheers

IMG_20171007_211953.jpg

IMG_20171007_211943.jpg

Doesn't the toilet want to go back more or is it near final position??

Could you pull the tee out the floor push fit joint and use a piece of pipe with a socket on one end to raise the tee slightly higher

And then re do your basin waste

Could you pull the tee out the floor push fit joint and use a piece of pipe with a socket on one end to raise the tee slightly higher

And then re do your basin waste
Unfortunately not. I've solvent welded the waste behind tiled wall, and the tiling actually comes down on top of tee. This was all deliberate so I didn't need to build a bulkhead. Now I'm finding out why a bulkhead makes life easier

Unfortunately not. I've solvent welded the waste behind tiled wall, and the tiling actually comes down on top of tee. This was all deliberate so I didn't need to build a bulkhead. Now I'm finding out why a bulkhead makes life easier

How much roughly do you need to make up?

To meet what's there, I need to go left 80mm and drop about 50. Problem with the flexi is I can't get it to take the shape I need over such a short distance.

Interesting, who else here if in that situation (although I'd have used a jubilee pan con paul) would high strength silicone the pan connector in after fitting for peice of mind?
Ive seen a few which start to creep out over the years and can drop off if the toilet is plungered.

Plumber mait for me to allow for tiny amounts movement.

Seems a bit of a bodge but I guess time will tell.

ShaunCorbs idea sounded pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Back to wall waste help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a 32mm waste and two 15mm copper pipes. There is no option to box the pipes in whatsoever due to space. I’m looking to fill the cavity with foam rather...
Replies
Views
Hi, came across this old push fit waste pipe. Stripped out the old shower and it was a 40mm waste pipe siliconed in the fitting. The fittings at floor level so I’d be looking to bend (90 degrees) straight away so I can get the lowest possible shower tray. Could someone advise what I could...
Replies
Views
A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal. I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock