Search the forum,

Discuss Ballcock now driving me nuts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
shower pump at the side of the cylinder?
Underneath cylinder is up on legs about 1m. Shower pump in back right corner of cupboard.
No access to shower pipework at all. Can just see in tailing of from cupboard.
Tiled floor to ceiling including boxwork under shower tray.
But I do have the job of regrouting and siliconing shower area

Underneath cylinder is up on legs about 1m. Shower pump in back right corner of cupboard.
No access to shower pipework at all. Can just see in tailing of from cupboard.
Tiled floor to ceiling including boxwork under shower tray.
But I do have the job of regrouting and siliconing shower area

going a bit oftopic but do you know the size of the plastic tank roughly ?

No idea mate I would hazard a guess 3ft x 2ft x 1 1/2 tall

ok ta

dont have a clue with the ball valves does it happen every time its shut off / not used or does it only happen at certain times

It happens in the evening... never when I have been there that day but the following day I get a phone call to say she can hear a dripping noise from the cupboard again but they are dripping in unison now. Going to check on stopcock and incoming supply. She is getting a bit fudged off atm understandably...
It doesn't shut off on its own but it does with a hand or if you top up tank by pressing down on float until it reaches the level. So irritating

It happens in the evening... never when I have been there that day but the following day I get a phone call to say she can hear a dripping noise from the cupboard again but they are dripping in unison now. Going to check on stopcock and incoming supply. She is getting a bit fudged off atm understandably...
It doesn't shut off on its own but it does with a hand or if you top up tank by pressing down on float until it reaches the level. So irritating

would say its the incoming pressure if it only happens in the night

do you know the incoming pressure ?

Not amazing I can stop it with my hand in the daytime when I'm over there... probably 12 liters a minute

shouldnt be that then, i would ring the manufactures up and see what they have to say

normally fit and forget unless its a stupid incoming water pressure

shouldnt be that then, i would ring the manufactures up and see what they have to say

normally fit and forget unless its a stupid incoming water pressure
I know what u mean will try pegler see what answershe they can supply.
Have tried changing seats in valves too with thicker washers no fing difference

try a pressure reducing valve. have known pressure increase to nearly 6bar at certain times of day. had to change a valve a couple of months ago , rang the manufacturers and they said their valve was designed for 3 bar. just he laws of physics, does not imply fault with float valve. in the past used to fit equilibrium float valves, they were quite successful but more expensive.

After all that if was the fecking wind...
South facing overflow pipe as close to the beach as you can possibly get 2 stories up.
Lid on for fortic cylinder. Gale blowing up overflow pipe and creating a tank slapper inside.
What a palaver! Sorted now bend them pins on both ballcocks so there is no play from the arms to the pins.
Told customer if you can hear the wind whistling up here you might get a dripping or 2 nothing I can do about that you need the overflow just in case

Put a 90 with a short bit of pipe if it's just straight pipe outside

Should solve it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ballcock now driving me nuts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock