Search the forum,

Discuss Barnet - not ur hair! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys I've had about half a dozen calls from a nice friendly lady who says that she's from Barnet Council planning and they're putting together a booklet to help people who are asking for planning permission to build. It will feature only a few of each trade and the booklet will be available online as well as published. It will be valid for up to 2yrs, and could generate a lot of work. I've said no and NO NOOOOO!
This is surely a scam? Has anyone else had these calls recently?
I didn't even ask for the details- scammy scam scam written all over it.
Like the BLUE LIGHT one- may even have been the same nice friendly girl..

Yep no one looks at these books normally already got a builder on board etc

I've said it before and I'll say it again, everyone wants a slice of your pie!

Tell em to go make their own pie and get their eyes of mine!

Have you ever received a booklet like that from your your Council?
Have you ever seen a booklet like that from your council.

I bet if you advertise in that 'new' booklet you will receive a copy and maybe a few of your close neighbours.

Have you ever received a booklet like that from your your Council?
Have you ever seen a booklet like that from your council.

I bet if you advertise in that 'new' booklet you will receive a copy and maybe a few of your close neighbours.

Yeah! When I first stated out- naive and all that, I entertained the chat from the friendly lady and when it came to I had to pay I said no I'm not interested as I didn't have the money. Lo and behold a few weeks later I had the mag with my add in it and and invoice to be paid. To be honest it stressed me out and I panicked a little, it took several P off letters from me for them to stop harassing me, so maybe I'm on their- numpty list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Barnet - not ur hair! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock