Search the forum,

Discuss Bath tap aerator - imperial size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a replacement aerator for some old mixer bath taps.
The diameter of the part is 1 inch.
If there is old stock available anywhere I would really like to know, please.
The name on the tap tops is Tiber.

Thanks Chalked, but they told me in March, and I quote: "Unfortunately we do not have a 25mm aerator."
The thread diameter must be this size, i.e. 1 inch, else it will not fit.
That's why I asked about old stock.
The metric equivalent does not exist!

I know of a 24mm aerator! Prolific on FleaBay.

How about a machine shop making up a new insert in stainless but using donated guts from a 24mm version?

Thanks YorkshireDave, your idea is good, but I don't know of any machine shop that could make the part. I have a new 24mm aerator in chrome and the original black plastic one with the broken 1" thread. If no direct replacement turns up then the adaptor I would need especially made in stainless steel would have a male thread with diameter 2.54mm and an insert female thread of diameter 24mm. As far as I know no such adaptor exists so it's a case of weighing up the cost of a specially made one-off adaptor against the cost of replacing the bath mixer taps (including switched shower handset) for a modern one that can take a metric sized aerator. Any one with a box of old spares might have the 1 inch aerator that I'm still looking for. I would be happy to buy one and save a not of bother with the more involved alternative solutions. Old stock anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath tap aerator - imperial size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock