Search the forum,

Discuss Bath waste pipe into horizontal soil pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i have a bath and toilet in close proximity, with the soil pipe horizontal (inc. required gradient) along the bathroom wall where it exits and eventually gets to the vertical soil stack.

Can i connect the 40mm waste pipe to the soil pipe, if so do i need a no return valve or anything? The bath is actually 'upstream' of the soil pipe, imagine a line of plumbing with the bath first, then toilet pan connector then basin, before it exits the bathroom.

I need to adhere to building regs as i plan on selling it.

Use a boss strap, which basically fits round the soil stack. These usually either clip round, or have a screw.
You will need to drill into the stack first, using correct sized hole saw (will become apparent when you've got your boss strap) if you're able, always try drill into the top if possible, so waste/water won't constantly be running over where you've drilled, /where the strap is.
I tend to run a bead of silicone round the hole, plus solvent glue round the rest of the strap to help it stay put and be water tight. No need for anything else other than a good enough drop to the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath waste pipe into horizontal soil pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
I'm a DIYer and have a problematic toilet setup to fix: The waste pipe was installed too high for waste to flow out from a standard toilet spigot, so I want to install a wall-hung toilet on a frame to get some extra height. To put it where I want it though, I'll need to rotate the bottom...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering if this is allowed or will work in the UK. We currently have all our waste water connecting to a single vented stack. The pipes from the toilets etc connect to the vertical stack via a horizontal pipe as you would expect. I'm about to renew all the soil pipes. We have 2 entry...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, please see my attached diagrams One is the current layout And one is where I propose to add another boss to add a shower waste. This horizontal run is below floorboards but I can't get to the TEE or under the tee to add a boss vertically. ( the current Bath is bossed way in...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where the pipe exits is where the obvious place for the bath waste to exit as well. Should I use separate waste pipes for the bath and the shower or can the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock