Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Bathroom basin tap identification in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. 2005jasp

2005jasp New Member

Hello, after some help to try and identify this bathroom mixer tap. The hot tap head has come loose so need to try and fix. The mother in-law says it was homebase but I can't find one on their website. It is fairly old. Hopefully I've managed to attach the photo.

Thanks from your help.

IMG_20171006_210004.jpg

2. JCplumb

JCplumb Plumber

Not seen that tap before. What's the problem, might be an easy fix.
    By 'The hot tap head has come loose', do you just mean it's wobbly, still works but the handle itself is loose?
    There may be a grub screw at the back or underneath that you can tighten. Maybe the ceramic cartridge is damaged and needs renewing. First thought on the little information I have though is a grub screw. They're usually an allen key type, use a mirror if needed or they're sometimes easier to find with the tap in the open position.

3. turnpin

turnpin Trusted Plumber

When Home base was Sainsburys Home base they stocked some of the Bristan range of taps and showers can't say for sure if it is but might be worth a shot....regards Turnpin