Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Bathroom upgrade done in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Looking good only part I would change is the basin waste and not bad for two weeks do the plastering and tiling yourself ?

Just finished one taken 4 weeks

3. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Looks good KOP , I cant do them in 12 days , mine ( if I do them ) take 3/4 weeks lol .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. king of pipes

Every thing but the plastering shaun , heating upgrade next baxi 400 heat only , cylinder and rads.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ShaunCorbs

i do like the chrome trim round the edges just makes it pop

• Like Like x 1
  6. king of pipes

How much would charge for this guys ? Got any pictures Shaun regards kop.

7. ShaunCorbs

will get some soon and around 1800-2500 + materials

8. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Nice mate.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Looking good KOP, I'd did tiling myself but is actually real pain job . I will not tile anymore and it's better when a professional does it within 4 days

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Chuck

Chuck Top Contributor!!

Small spaces always take disproportionately longer than bigger areas to work in. No space for more than one working, tools have to be left outside, a larger fraction of tiles need cutting, finishes need to be better because they will be seen from close up, materials don't dry any quicker just because the room is smaller, no margin for errors positioning things, etc.

I think people watch DIY SOS and conclude that redoing their shower should only take a morning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. king of pipes

Not far off then shaun true price was £2160 + materials but customer had a grumble at that so had to come to a compromise , room was 10'×10' only 1 toilet no other washing facilities so old toilet was in and out each day , did the shower in 3 days which took the pressure off you just cant please every customer , i have 2 more in the pipeline but I'll have to reconsider my pricing they take a long time to do and your flat out each day thanks for your comments guys , I start a heating job today no moaning customer as they have gone on holiday and left me to it and only 2mins from where i live result ! have a good week chaps regards kop.

12. pjohn

pjohn New Member

Just had two mirror image en-suite's done, wet room conversion, our plumber started on Monday and finished the next Friday, so about 12 days in total. Contracted out the tiling and plastering, cost in roughly the same ballpark per bathroom.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Has to be at least a week to do a bathroom plus time on top of that for tiling. Anything between a week to 2 weeks is fast if the work is quality IMO.
    One man doing most of the work isn't going to be able to work miracles.
    I bet the customer works at an easy job and probably sits at a desk? I hate people moaning about how slow a job takes, yet they would be well annoyed if a fast botched up job resulted in trouble later.
    Always tell the customer it will take plenty of time to do the work

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ShaunCorbs

Normally say average is about 4 weeks your covered either way

• Like Like x 1
  15. king of pipes

Same old story chaps they want the work done to a high standard but dont want to be put out in anyway tiling needs time to dry before grouting and second fix plumbing , didnt even get a thankyou and still owes me £500 dont you just love them ha ha . Cheers kop

• Funny Funny x 1