Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Bermuda firefront in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

voivod

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Customer I have is looking to fit a Combi just now but wants to leave the fire front and the bbu (disconnected) in as they will fit a stove next year instead. Just wondered is that possible/legal?

Last edited:
Don't believe it's permitted now, check with Baxi I'm pretty sure they don't endorse it now

I thought it was okay as longs all the rear stuff is disconnected safely & stays in situ as it makes up part of the flue etc but have never done it myself or would like to lol

Phoned . Is okay if you blank of boiler gas. Not recommended unless fire has been serviced regular.

I am on with the same job in a week or so , phoned baxi and GS after a lot of conflicting advice , both were ok -ish sort off , if you know what I mean, yes you can leave the fire in but if anything happens we will walk away and you will cop-it lol .

The fires coming out

You have to remove the burners and cap gas to Boiler unit then drill holes in cast boiler section, any pipe work left on boiler has to be left with open ends.

Easiest way is disconnect electrics and water pipes. Remove the burner tray, unscrew the brass tail from the gas valve and put a 1/2" female cap on it. Put that tail back onto the gas cock.
If the fire has lights run a supply for the lights.
No need to drill holes in it as there are 3 x 1" holes where the pipes came off.
Boiler should be marked as a decommissioned appliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Bermuda firefront in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning all, Just a quick one, ive recently been asked to fit a new fire in a property, there was one in previously but was removed simply because the customer no longer wanted it; however they have now changed their mind and i have not done very many fire installations in all my years of...
Replies
Views
Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with Part L building regs. What are the rules regarding flue snugs, do they have to be fitted on all new boiler installs. I prefer to use sand/cement...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have just bought a google nest 3rd gen thermostat to be connected opentherm. I currently have the baxi ifos rather comp fitted. I was told that it was either one or the other, but baxi technical dept have said I can wire an opentherm controller alongside the ifos system. Boiler is...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Currently undergoing my level 2, hoping to get finished in the next few weeks. Looking to gain some experience, if anyone needs a mate etc. Im currently in the forces will be leaving in May however at the minute I can work Mondays/Fridays and weekends. Do not want paying just happy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock