Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi duo tec combi occasional noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

searcher65

The boiler is working correctly and has been recently serviced but at random times when it is not actually working it emits a loud knocking noise (just one )loud enough to make anyone in the kitchen jump. Anyone with any ideas ?

Hmm, how long as the boiler been in?, normally the knocking noise would be air lock possibly, or full of gunge . so thats when its running you'd have the knocking through the pipes, then its adrain down and flush out the gunge and start again. how long is it off before iy makes the one noise?

Boiler has been in just over 2 years it happens sometimes when it has just stopped running or it can be or half an hour or so later. It sounds like somebody knocking on the wall and it does it up to 6 times a day then some days it doesn't do it at all

Has it been serviced? If not, get someone in. They should find the problem easily enough.

Do you have ghosts? lol

Sounds like some sort of cooling down contraction noise. Does it happen when the boiler first comes on by any chance? Has it done it since installation? Had any pipe alterations recently or radiators off? Reason being you may have a pipe tight on a floorboard, something like that, giving expansion/contraction noise. :)

yep i agree with daimondgas, a good gas guy should sort it, you need to be at the premises to find all the little nitty things that boilers do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi duo tec combi occasional noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Baxi DUO-TEC boiler Trying to repressurise using the 2 blue valves - left valve won't budge. Any ideas please?
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask is there a function to remove air from a Baxi duo tec combi 24 HE A. If there is can some one kindly tell me the procedure. Looking online i found on newer baxi boilers that you turn the heating knob all the way back (12-oclock) anti-clockwise and then 2 quarter...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Worcester Oil Heatlslave 20/25 that has started making a fairly loud knocking noise and the the pressure gauge flicks a little when the noise thumps. The hot water still works, I've turned off the heating for the time being. Any ideas on what the...
Replies
Views
Baxi Duo Tec 28 Hot Water Issue. Hi, I have a Nazi duo tec 28. I’m having an issue with my hot water. If the CH is on, and I turn on the hot water I get warm/tepid water provided the HW temperature dial is set about 3o’clock. If it’s set any higher, I get an E28 fault, and my water goes cold...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock